Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6457 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the thing about titanic is that even though it's supposed to be a romance/drama movie, none of the emotions (in my opinion at least) seemed realistic or genuine. I'm not saying the acting was bad, I just think that they went too much into chivalry and not enough into raw emotion. They overplayed the classic and typical Romance theme, and didn't go into realistic intensity and frenzy.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    wrznetwork.com
    Quote Originally Posted by djeuro View Post
    no movie will ever beat the classics.. thats the point.. ya it mighta brought in more revenue but avatar will never beat titanic
    You have no right to say shit if you've never seen it... stop being an ignorant prick.

I thought it was pretty good, I really only went to see it for the 3D/budget... and was surprised that it wasn't a horrible storyline.

Everyone has their opinion, but if you're just going to say "it sucked" or "I never seen it, but..." save your time and don't hit the Reply button.

Thanks.

JGM
    Yeah I hear what you saying m8, it is still a good movie though the big problem I found with it was that after I had seen it I watched it again a few months later and spent 3 hours bored shitless

JGM.

•     
    Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    I didn't like Avatar but then besides the effects of Titanic I didn't care much for the movie either.
    I though the story of avatar was predictable and Clich? in the whole save the environment way and were killing resources. These sorta movies spend big bucks on the movies and advertising.

It's the movies with good stories I prefer not big wallets.

EDIT: Please don't comment if you haven't seen the movie guys.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

•     
    JGM
    Well from what I have seen in the trailers etc Mr Happy it "seems" to have a good storyline behind it, like I said earlier though I have not seen it yet but I am waiting till a decent rip comes out . What was it you didn't like or was it just an overall thing?

JGM.

•     
    Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Sorry, what I meant to say in my previous comment was don't make stupid comments saying it's crap/brilliant if you haven't seen it. By all means reply.

Quote Originally Posted by JGM View Post
    Well from what I have seen in the trailers etc Mr Happy it "seems" to have a good storyline behind it, like I said earlier though I have not seen it yet but I am waiting till a decent rip comes out . What was it you didn't like or was it just an overall thing?

JGM.
    I though it was too predictable good versus evil, saving the environment thing.
    SPOILER WARNING!
    It was fairly obvious he'd switch sides and it was all about that weird tree with the lights and magical powers that would save them. OH and anyone who didn't see it was obvious he'd end up riding that big dragon thing and saves the day needs to get out more.
    END SPOILER WARNING!
    I prefer movies like Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, etc movies that are well though out with a solid storyline. You don't need superb effects for a great movie.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

•     
    Banned
    Website's:
    SMSFreak.in Recharge.im DJGaurav.in
    Titanic is an all time favorite film which can be watched day and night but Avatar is only a one time watch start getting board if we watch it on and on

•     
    Website's:
    wznetwork.com
    Everyone has every right they want to say they don't want to see the movie because they think it sucks. That is what a trailer is for. It is to make someone want to come see it. If the trailer doesn't appeal to the person, then they have a right to not want to see it and say "it sucks."

•     
    JGM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Sorry, what I meant to say in my previous comment was don't make stupid comments saying it's crap/brilliant if you haven't seen it. By all means reply.

I though it was too predictable good versus evil, saving the environment thing.
    SPOILER WARNING!
    It was fairly obvious he'd switch sides and it was all about that weird tree with the lights and magical powers that would save them. OH and anyone who didn't see it was obvious he'd end up riding that big dragon thing and saves the day needs to get out more.
    END SPOILER WARNING!
    I prefer movies like Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, etc movies that are well though out with a solid storyline. You don't need superb effects for a great movie.
    Pulp Ficiton now there is an all time classic movie!

•     
    Mr Happy, i agree that it was predictable, though that doesn't necessarily mean the storyline is bad. the storyline, while predictable like you said, was incredibly detailed (much more so than similar "go green", "people are only destructive" types of movies), so with that in mind i have a fair amount of respect for it. when you spend 15 years making a movie (i think he started developing the story back in the 90's) there's definitely a large amount a dedication that goes into, which for me is the main thing that I like about it. The fact that expensive movies like Transformers or Dark Knight or whatever else were thought up and created in like a year or two definitely sets Avatar apart. The amount of work and time that went into should certainly be noted.

@d3monic
    no, if they haven't seen a movie then they can't say it sucks. they can say the trailer sucks all they want, but you can't base an opinion of an entire three hour movie on a fucking two minute trailer!

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information