Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62691 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default VPS with following requirements.

Right okay, i think i've came to the right place.
    What i need is a fast way of uploading files cause my UL speed is shit.
    I want to download from RS. Extract. Re-rar then upload to my RS account.
    I used to use a VPS but couldn't keep it runing due to costs.
    The requirements I need are the following.
    • 15GB-20GB Hard Drive Space
    • 80GB+ Bandwidth
    • Windows OS
    • Able to use Remote Desktop*
    • Fast network speed - My old one i was downloading at 2MB a sec, and uploading at 600kbps-1MB a sec - That speed is good enough for me.
    So I can install Winrar, rapiduploader, and download manager.

*I used remote desktop so i could download extract and such on the server. So it was like my own PC but with a very fast speed.

P.s I also know that this way doesn't get the files onto my own pc, but my aim is to get them into my rs account.
    XxTUNERxX Reviewed by XxTUNERxX on . VPS with following requirements. Right okay, i think i've came to the right place. What i need is a fast way of uploading files cause my UL speed is shit. I want to download from RS. Extract. Re-rar then upload to my RS account. I used to use a VPS but couldn't keep it runing due to costs. The requirements I need are the following. 15GB-20GB Hard Drive Space 80GB+ Bandwidth Windows OS Able to use Remote Desktop* Fast network speed - My old one i was downloading at 2MB a sec, and uploading at 600kbps-1MB a sec - That Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

What's your budget? And is Windows absolutely necessary?

I'm assuming your budget is $20/month or less. Only place I know that would have what you need (Windows) on a VPS under $20 with that much HD space is:

http://directspace.net/vps_dedicated.htm

First VPS. I've only used them once. Got 2-3MB/s download with them. 500-600kB/s upload to RapidShare. Never any higher than that. Though the 2-3MB/s download was on a torrent from a private tracker, connected to over 100 seeders. So if you're downloading from RapidShare, I wouldn't expect more than 500-600kB/s, unless you used FlashGet 10 parts or something. Maybe 1MB/s then if your lucky. I wouldn't recommend them though. Obviously, the speed was shitty, to me anyway. 600kB/s is about 5Mbps. You get what you pay for I guess. $19/month with 20GB HD and Windows is as cheap as you're gonna get.

Make sure you choose Cogent as the network in your RS Premium, and in the options in Rapidshare Uploader, as they use cogent bandwidth (probably why the speed is so shitty).

@iBook:
    Yeah i've found that you get what you pay for, i've paid between $20 and $50 a month and seen massive diffference in speeds! Thanks for that link, may check them out!

@reddragon:
    Will it meet my requirements? Like remote desktop so i can use winrar etc...?
    Depends on how well it performs, can I add you to IM?
    PM me your email and i'l speak to you on there

Thread Information