Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6532 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default Open Source Software Hijacked To Push Malware

"VLC Media Player is a popular, useful, and free-as-in-beer piece of software. Unfortunately, its open source nature makes it easier for people with bad intentions to repackage it in nefarious ways. Not only do some of these folks claim that they're the originator of the software (a violation of trademark law and the license), but they often bundle it up with crapware and malware, which is a real dilemma for open source developers who play by the rules."
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Open Source Software Hijacked To Push Malware "VLC Media Player is a popular, useful, and free-as-in-beer piece of software. Unfortunately, its open source nature makes it easier for people with bad intentions to repackage it in nefarious ways. Not only do some of these folks claim that they're the originator of the software (a violation of trademark law and the license), but they often bundle it up with crapware and malware, which is a real dilemma for open source developers who play by the rules." Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

I r Super Cop
    open source should always be downloaded from the original source... not many people know that and fall to cheap tricks like these...
    Follow besthostingforums on FB

Looking for an Article Writer? Check out my services here.

mmm mmm!
    It doesn't matter if it is open or close source. You are an idiot if you download anything from an untrusted source, point and end of discussion.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Banned
    totally agree with MrSandvik

but being in the warez world some people have in mind that every software is to be downloaded from a different source like wbb etc so thats the only reason of this

you guys can even see posts of the downloads that are freely available on the official site but it's people and their choice you see

mmm mmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by vizoomer View Post
    totally agree with MrSandvik

but being in the warez world some people have in mind that every software is to be downloaded from a different source like wbb etc so thats the only reason of this

you guys can even see posts of the downloads that are freely available on the official site but it's people and their choice you see
    It's called laziness.

Banned
    Website's:
    worldwidexs.com.au
    Even Google will point them towards the Official Site. Then what's the laziness for?

If some one can go to WBB or such a site and go to the Search function and then type it there then why can't they just Google it.

It's stupidity

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandvik View Post
    It's called laziness.
    you can call it whatever you want but it's people you know and thats the reason the people get opportunity like the one in here stated

mmm mmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ccul7 View Post
    Even Google will point them towards the Official Site. Then what's the laziness for?

If some one can go to WBB or such a site and go to the Search function and then type it there then why can't they just Google it.

It's stupidity
    Better said. You're absolutely right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ccul7 View Post

It's stupidity
    even i agree with the term "stupidity"

Banned
    Website's:
    worldwidexs.com.au
    some people think it's "cool" to go to sites like WBB and download from there. But they realize it afterwards that how many ways are there to fuck them up by just a simple .exe file

Thread Information