Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62733 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    hostero.net

Default How to protect from C99 Shell ?

Is there any way to protect from c99 shell? if an user uploads it...
    Mareshal Reviewed by Mareshal on . How to protect from C99 Shell ? Is there any way to protect from c99 shell? if an user uploads it... Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f42/di...unctions-6020/

Disable the functions listed there, hope I helped

as far as i know denying remote inclusion can help you with this, also update your software or use disable_functions = shell() , exec() in the php.ini

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Xenu.ws WarezLinkers.com SerialSurf.com CracksDirect.com
    There isn't a simple way to completely stop PHP shells.

Most of the functions you disable are only part of the collection of system-related calls.
    Additionally, even if disabling the functions does 'stop' it, you're doing something to PHP you shouldn't be.

Many scripts make use of functions such as eval and exec, disabling them would break them.

The best way to protect yourself from these 'shells' is to not get them in the first place.
    Projects:
    WCDDL - The Professional DDL Script
    Top Secret Project: In Development - ZOMG
    ImgTrack - Never Have Dead Images Again!

Website's:
    hostero.net
    I am not using those functions, not even one. If my script is stolen using a shell, my business is over.

And the shell would be uploaded by the person who owns that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mareshal View Post
    I am not using those functions, not even one. If my script is stolen using a shell, my business is over.

And the shell would be uploaded by the person who owns that account.
    Not really know - if your website/script is vuln then anybody can get into yoru system by uploading a shell.

A good way of ensuring your secure on your website/forum etc is to ensure that it is ALWAYS upto date, secure passwords for everything (Not all the same!), Use trusted plugins etc.
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

Website's:
    hostero.net
    I want to create a small shared hosting on a VPS. Every client will get the same PHP applications, but over the ftp he can only change the template. The application is built under CodeIgniter using MVC Structure. Controllers and models are stored somewhere in the system. I am choosing this method, instead of encoding files with zend/ioncube, because they can be decoded and my work is lost.

This is why I don't want to have a client which will upload the shell and steal my scripts.

I got a common PHP shells(like c99, r57 etc) completely blocked on my servers. If you setup/configure/secure the server well, PHP shells can't do much harm anyway.
    KnownSRV.com - Quality comes at a price, and we provide it at affordable prices.
    PayPal, Skrill(MoneyBookers), Payza(AlertPay), 2CheckOut and LibertyReserve accepted!

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    http://www.besthostingforums.com/sho...d.php?p=340208

Read my thread i can help you if you have any security issues

Thread Information