Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61075 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    InstantRDP.com

Smile Run .net framework app without it

I am making a application in C# with .Net framework 3.5 SP1 installed.
    It's of nearly 300 MB. I don't think andyone wants to download 300 MB .NET Framework just to run my app.

After I finish creating my application, is it possible to convert it so that it can run in any machine (I mean Windows without .Net installed )

OR should I write my app in VB6.
    pankaj Reviewed by pankaj on . Run .net framework app without it I am making a application in C# with .Net framework 3.5 SP1 installed. It's of nearly 300 MB. I don't think andyone wants to download 300 MB .NET Framework just to run my app. After I finish creating my application, is it possible to convert it so that it can run in any machine (I mean Windows without .Net installed ) OR should I write my app in VB6. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    That's impossible I think. But almost all latest Windows 7 have .NET installed.

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Website's:
    litewarez.net litewarez.com triniwarez.com
    dont forget that alot of applications the user has installed may have already downloaded .NET,

Also .NET is usually downloaded via the Windows Update so the chances are the the user will have .NET installed.

If you dont want to take your chances you may have to redesign your application with another language supported without a framework.
    Join Litewarez.net today and become apart of the community.
    Unique | Clean | Advanced (All with you in mind)
    Downloads | Webmasters

Notifications,Forum,Chat,Community all at Litewarez Webmasters

Respected Developer
    Nope. But most people have .NET installed. I'd say about 60-70% have version 3.5 already installed. Nearly everyone has .NET 2.0 so you could switch your project to .NET 2.0. Or switch to .NET 4.0 which is only 50mb (recommended).

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    You can also include the .NET Web-Installer for those medieval users who dont have .NET.

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Website's:
    InstantRDP.com
    How to switch programming in C# to different versions of .NET ?

Out of 300 MB of .Net 3.5 , my code must not be even using 2 MB. There must be a way to extract those files and compile it.

Respected Developer
    The web installer still has to download and install the full thing so it boils down to the same thing.

Pankaj just makes the assumption that most people who want to use his app will have to download/install .NET while in reality most people already have the required version installed. .NET installs automatically with Windows updates etc. And most modern apps need .NET because it is the primary (and most used) Windows development platform.

Edit: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398202.aspx

Website's:
    InstantRDP.com
    Okay.

One more question.
    When I installed C#, it required .NET 3.5 and if I change my project to .NET version 2 and uninstall .NET 3.5 . I know C# won't work, but will my project which is already converted to .NET 2 work ?

Respected Developer
    Just include a download link. You don't need to ship the thing yourself... FYI, every Windows since Windows 2000 has .NET. Everyone who uses MSN has .NET 2.0 or higher. Everyone who has a ATi gfx card has .NET 2.0 or higher. Everyone who has a game installed that uses Windows Live has .NET 3.0 or higher. Etc etc. Maybe not many people do where you live but that is not the global picture.

I never had any issues with what you're concerned about so you have nothing to worry about.

Website's:
    InstantRDP.com
    Does antivirus like Kaspersky, ESET, etc already has .NET in it or its coded in different environment ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information