Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63126 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    StudentSharez.com

Default Is Google Analytics Accurate?

hi
    do you think that google analytic accurate...
    there is a large difference between its analytic and the analytic of control panel of the webhost...
    what do you think? which is the most accurate?
    DoctorX Reviewed by DoctorX on . Is Google Analytics Accurate? hi do you think that google analytic accurate... there is a large difference between its analytic and the analytic of control panel of the webhost... what do you think? which is the most accurate? Rating: 5
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

2.   Sponsored Links

nope, becuse some users block it.

^ +1
    Use statcounter. I was told it's extremely accurate

Website's:
    litewarez.net litewarez.com triniwarez.com
    Quote Originally Posted by faku View Post
    nope, becuse some users block it.
    Iv'e never heard of this. why would users be blocking analytic's, it does nothing but sends harmful information to a DSN?
    Join Litewarez.net today and become apart of the community.
    Unique | Clean | Advanced (All with you in mind)
    Downloads | Webmasters

Notifications,Forum,Chat,Community all at Litewarez Webmasters

still some block it, including myself on firefox, theres no need to have reason for it some just do it.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    No statcounter is 100 percent accurate. Their's hundreds of different things to take into consideration, most of which are because people don't know better.

Here's one example.

If the counter is in the footer it won't record any that close the page before it's fully loaded. If it's in the header then it will record more people. This myth that Google wasn't accurate was because Google advised people to put the code in the footer while all other counter scripts said the header. The reason that Google advised people to put it in the footer was javascripts can slow and block the loading of other elements in the page until the google code is fully loaded. Now this has changed with new coding and Google advise people to put it in the header. Other website counters didn't give a shit if they slowed your website unlike Google who was just being honest and trying to do the best for your site. Most other counters slow or temporally block the loading of your page still.

I've currently two Google codes on a site that get's over 20k uniques a day testing this. One is in the header and one is in the footer. The results can vary as much as 500 uniques a day.

Their are hundreds of other reasons but most are because of silly assumptions people have.

No javascript counter can be accurate simply for that fact that some users disable javascript in their browsers. Some even go as far as to disable images.

Website's:
    StudentSharez.com
    i thought it wasn't accurate because my control panel state that i have daily visits 4 times more than that stated by google analytic!
    really, i don't know the actual number of visitors of my site..
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

Website's:
    MP3SearchEngines.net LatestMovieTrailers.org Talking.so
    Thanks for the info Happy Sir

Which one should be the best to use then?
    Some that records all plus does not cause loading error?

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
    i thought it wasn't accurate because my control panel state that i have daily visits 4 times more than that stated by google analytic!
    really, i don't know the actual visitors of my site..
    Your control panel is even worse. It give a way higher figure than what actually visit your site.

Your control panel will list every visitor even if less than 1% of the page loads. That is my opinion does not count as a visitor if they see less than 1% of a page however your control panel thinks it does.

If your looking for stats to increase your ego then use these. If your looking for real feedback on your site then don't pay much attention to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information