Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62802 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Do you think in the neart feature you would Try Cloud ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Possibly, Most Deffinatly

6 54.55%
  • No, Ill Stick with Shared Hosting

4 36.36%
  • Ill try it just for he hell of it

1 9.09%
    Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com

Default Cloud Web-Hosting !!!

So many web host here in the usa are starting to offer Cloud Hosting

You may wonder, What is Cloud Hosting ? Im starting to hear more about it

Cloud hosting in short-term is basically like clustered web hosting It uses a number of servers all connected together (a cloud), and sites on the servers can use resources from all the servers in that cloud. Processing power, hard drives, and memory are shared. Servers can be easily added or removed as necessary, and if one server is down, sites use resources from other servers instead.

The Advantages:

• You pay for only the resources you need.
    • It provides good scalability. You can easily increase or decrease resources without moving sites to other servers.
    • Servers can be deployed instantly.
    • It provides better uptime than other types of web hosting.
    • Traffic spikes aren't a problem; the cloud can handle them.
    • If the servers are in different datacenters, datacenter problems can be less of a concern.
    • Different technologies can be used together that can't be used together without cloud hosting. For example, .php and .asp files can work on the same site, even in the same folder, drawing on technologies within the cloud.
    • You don't need to install hardware or software. Instead, you connect with a cloud that has the hardware or software you need.

The Disadvantages:

• Lack of root access means less control.
    • Sites using cloud hosting can still have downtime if the connections between servers aren't working.
    • As a relatively new service, it doesn't have a long track record.
    • It isn't widely offered or used as of yet aside the USA and the UK.

I welcome you all to discus
    DLow Reviewed by DLow on . Cloud Web-Hosting !!! So many web host here in the usa are starting to offer Cloud Hosting =) You may wonder, What is Cloud Hosting ? Im starting to hear more about it Cloud hosting in short-term is basically like clustered web hosting ;) It uses a number of servers all connected together (a cloud), and sites on the servers can use resources from all the servers in that cloud. Processing power, hard drives, and memory are shared. Servers can be easily added or removed as necessary, and if one server is Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Just Another Coder
    There are more advantages and this sounds new... But the disadvantages suck coz even though we can use resources form other servers we may have downtime due to improper connection between the servers wen it fails...

I think it can be knwn wen ppl start using it and get to knw more experience of the adv and disadv!!

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    It's the future but it's not developed enough yet. Hosting is one of the things that has to be incredibly reliable. Cloud hosting isn't at that stage yet but in a few years I can see everyone using it. At the moment due to control problems it's only useful for large companies who can afford their own cloud. eg Google.

Think of cloud hosting like a mobile phone the size of a brick from the mid 90's. It will be successful but it needs work and development.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Yeah i some what agree with you mr happy, its been around for a very long time just hasnt came along as it should of have yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    Think of cloud hosting like a mobile phone the size of a brick from the mid 90's. It will be successful but it needs work and development.
    LOL! I like that analogy Sir
    Need Traffic?..... Give our SEO Service a try!

http://www.KWWHunction.com/showthread.php?t=58322

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Lol remember the big block nokias anyone ?

I had the Block Motorola . I was like 18 and thought i was cool FAIL!
    Need Traffic?..... Give our SEO Service a try!

http://www.KWWHunction.com/showthread.php?t=58322

I had a cloud hosting trial but you make your own vps's instead. I was pretty cool until some people took up all the resources that i didn't bother really testing it.

Host i used:
    http://www.vps247.com/

Thread Information