Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61225 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    dsebdblog.org

Default How to upload a forum from local host to a real host?

Hello,
    I was wondering If anyone could share "How to upload a forum from local host to a real host through a step by step process".

I am worried that I would lost my database that's why I am creating this thread. Many hosting company's are offering they could done everything for me. But I want to do it myself.

In the following picture I have a folder named warez which is actually in C:\xampp\htdocs\warez location in my pc and 31-01-2011.sql is my database of 3.69MB.

In the following I am showing the content inside my warez folder:

I have some great mod installed in this forum, I don't want to loose them while uploading.

*I have also a domain available in my name.com account. By using this domain How can I up this forum?

This is my forum which is currently running in my own pc.

I have done huge job in my localhost like favicon, header, forum button, several mods installed.

I really want it to up. Can anyone please elaborately explain the process to up this forum from localhost to real host?
    This is a phpbb forum and I am running happy-hdmovies.com
    happyvalentine Reviewed by happyvalentine on . How to upload a forum from local host to a real host? Hello, I was wondering If anyone could share "How to upload a forum from local host to a real host through a step by step process". I am worried that I would lost my database that's why I am creating this thread. Many hosting company's are offering they could done everything for me. But I want to do it myself. In the following picture I have a folder named warez which is actually in C:\xampp\htdocs\warez location in my pc and 31-01-2011.sql is my database of 3.69MB. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    scrls.co.uk
    All you do is gzip your database & then upload it in the backups, same with your public_html folder

Website's:
    dsebdblog.org
    What about administrator username, password and creating database in cpanel?

Website's:
    scrls.co.uk
    it doesnt matter about the username password.
    create your sql in the cpanel so it would be "host_username"_sqldatabasename "host_username"_sqlusername & obviously just your password.

Then all you do is change the config.php to whatever you have the sql set as

Website's:
    dsebdblog.org
    Thanks for your advice mate. But some hosting companies are offering they would do everything for me. Will they create sql? I have heard that after creating database when they try to import .sql file there might be some error issue, Like above 2mb sql file generates some error...

My friends are having this kinda error. So I am really worried how well could they do it! and also I am not expert in creating sql/database.... Hope my site will not face any trouble.

Thread Information