Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63705 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how can I hide a .css code?

I guess we have to just accept the fact that there is NO way to hide your web codes from been taken, however there may be some ways to make it as hard as possible...

Now for my case I want to hide/protect an .css text file, by hiding I mean to make it as hard as possible from someone to see the actual code... my roommate mentioned why don't you just make the text color 'white' on a 'white' background so no one can see it when they type the exact url of the .css file

Well if there is no better way I guess I may think of his idea ...

Thanks.
    Tigger Reviewed by Tigger on . how can I hide a .css code? I guess we have to just accept the fact that there is NO way to hide your web codes from been taken, however there may be some ways to make it as hard as possible... Now for my case I want to hide/protect an .css text file, by hiding I mean to make it as hard as possible from someone to see the actual code... my roommate mentioned why don't you just make the text color 'white' on a 'white' background so no one can see it when they type the exact url of the .css file :)) Well if there is Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Xenu.ws WarezLinkers.com SerialSurf.com CracksDirect.com
    There isn't really a way to do it.
    It's front-end code so it'll always be visible so the browser can interpret it.

Website's:
    InvestDude.com
    yes you can. try encrpyting your html before uploading it. there are numerous encryption software available, but you can try Encrypt HTML Pro.
    but even then it mite be possible to view the html (eg. Adobe GoLive), but atleast you can stop the less experienced ones stealing your codes.
    InvestDude.com Learn to make money by investing in hyips (high yield investment programs), affiliate marketing and tons of other method ;)

Website's:
    WareztheDDL.com GTFO.ws
    you can external link your css, then name the file something really weird. might confuse em, but like JmZ said, theres no real way of not being able to show it..
    all the user has to search for in your source is .css
    meh

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by CrucifynDi3 View Post
    yes you can. try encrpyting your html before uploading it. there are numerous encryption software available, but you can try Encrypt HTML Pro.
    but even then it mite be possible to view the html (eg. Adobe GoLive), but atleast you can stop the less experienced ones stealing your codes.
    Actually, you can't.
    The only way would be to have javascript decode a string which it then places in a CSS/style tag. And even then, it's not encrypted, it is encoded (meaning anyone can decode it within seconds). You could even just run the script in your browser which it uses to decode and you'd have it instantly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JmZ View Post
    Actually, you can't.
    The only way would be to have javascript decode a string which it then places in a CSS/style tag. And even then, it's not encrypted, it is encoded (meaning anyone can decode it within seconds). You could even just run the script in your browser which it uses to decode and you'd have it instantly.
    Yeh you could base24 encode it thats about all you can do even then it wont stop your average ripper but it will stop the noobs.

Respected Developer
    You simply can't, and thank god for that.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiNs View Post
    Yeh you could base24 encode it thats about all you can do even then it wont stop your average ripper but it will stop the noobs.
    So if anyone really wanted the CSS, they'd just base64 decode it. Which is what my point is. He's wanting to stop people from taking his CSS, which means the only people who would ever want his CSS will know how to decode b64.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JmZ View Post
    So if anyone really wanted the CSS, they'd just base64 decode it. Which is what my point is. He's wanting to stop people from taking his CSS, which means the only people who would ever want his CSS will know how to decode b64.
    Didnt say you cant decode it i just said it would stop the noobs.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Yeah but what i mean is he doesn't want to stop newbs, he wants to stop people with knowledge on such things. Meaning they'd get the code anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information