Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62171 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Which IDE you are using ? (PHP)

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • PHPStorm

10 25.64%
  • PHPDesigner

1 2.56%
  • VS.Php

0 0%
  • Netbeans

11 28.21%
  • Eclipse

5 12.82%
  • PHPEd

5 12.82%
  • Zend Studio

7 17.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Xenu.ws WarezLinkers.com SerialSurf.com CracksDirect.com
    soft2050: vim has syntax highlighting for the majority of languages, by default. it also has a code suggestion plugin (probably a few actually) and has easy to navigate buffers (similar to tabs, except you navigate through them using your keyboard).

I coded WCDDL3 in it and didn't use my mouse once, lol.
    Projects:
    WCDDL - The Professional DDL Script
    Top Secret Project: In Development - ZOMG
    ImgTrack - Never Have Dead Images Again!

Website's:
    tehMoviez.com 0Senes.com GeekFaceGames.com
    i usually use Eclipse for important projects, notepad++ for editing and geany for small projects

3.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by JmZ View Post
    Why? what's the point in an IDE for PHP lol.
    I'd rather code every line myself from memory than rely on some app's "code generation" features.

I'm a 100% vim user, no IDE, no fancy GUI text editor, just good old CLI-based vim.
    Combined with GNU screen, so I can have a window for my editor, one for running the code and one for a mysql CLI instance if needed.

I can almost guarantee that any editor related feature you pick out of your favourite IDE can be done in vim.

I'd only use an IDE for a compiled language such as java, c, c#, etc. Because then i'd like some way of quickly compiling within the editor (an IDE).
    i have used notepad++ from several years for php (and with other SCRIPTING languages), but if you are a visual basic fan you will find it so easier to work with an IDE, you dont have to type a lot of code by hand, you can do inline debugging , what if you have 100s of classes , i would better get help via some auto completion rather then trying to remember all those, there are just a lot of feature to point you better should try few days and you will know how much time it can save.
    Bots Development | Web Development | Wordpress Customization | PSD Conversion

Life has many twists and turns in it, you have to take what you are given and use it for the best.

Website's:
    glumbouploads.com glumbo.com glumboimg.com
    Eclipse and Notepad++. I like Eclipse because it has extensions for php, python java and c. There might be a better IDE but Eclipse is the first one I've used and don't really have reason to try a different one.
    GlumboUploads.com - No wait-times, no CAPTCHAs, max download size 2GB, rewards program [Official Thread]

Website's:
    premium-links.net wanted-programs.com
    PHPIDE !!

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    ST2, lol. I only used an IDE in Java.

Sublime Text 2 and Netbeans

Waterproof's PHPEDIT ftw

Just started self-study on coding, only used notepad++. Seems fit for my needs ATM.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Website's:
    Xenu.ws WarezLinkers.com SerialSurf.com CracksDirect.com
    There's really no point in an IDE for PHP.

Better question (which all these people are answering) is: which editor are you using?

vim

Nothing anywhere ever in existence beats vim as an editor, given that you know all the keyboard shortcuts.
    Projects:
    WCDDL - The Professional DDL Script
    Top Secret Project: In Development - ZOMG
    ImgTrack - Never Have Dead Images Again!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information