Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62833 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    crackhack.org

Default Some important Tweaks for WordPress 3.1

WordPress has been discussed these days a way too much because of its user experience, today going to give some tips on how we can increase end user usability of our blog (Very helpful for guest posting enabled blogs).

There is nothing much complicated because every thing is most things could be done in functions.php file (a little bit of modifications)
    Set the auto save interval time
    This feature is one of the coolest feature of wordpress, because it help us in the case we got our browser crashed or something happen like this. (We may lost all of our article). But if auto save is enabled you?ve no need to worry about.
    By default wordpress auto save is enabled is activated and work very often which may cause speed issue, you can set auto save interval on your own.
    Note :- This code is needed to be added in wp-confip.php
    Code: 
    define('AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL', 600); // 60 * 10, auto-saves every 5 minutes
    Admin Bar
    In latest wordpress version 3.1 it comes with admin bar enabled. Some people don?t like it, you can remove it by putting this code in functions.php
    Code: 
    add_filter( 'show_admin_bar', '__return_false' );
    Disable Auto Save!
    I don?t like to disable this feature, but different people have different choices so you can disable this feature by adding following code to functions.php
    Code: 
    function no_autosave() {   wp_deregister_script('autosave'); } add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'no_autosave' );
    Post versions!
    I personally like this feature, because when we write posts we are doing too many errors and while fixing them in later time, it can create such problems which are already fixed in older version. So we can simply re-enable the older version to copy and paste the content.
    But you if you want to limit or disable this feature, add following code to functions.php
    Code: 
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', 5); // Maximum 3 revisions per post define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', false); // Disable revisions
    Automatically Empty the trash
    I think I like to enable this feature, because I don?t want to waste my time doing same thing twice so it would be better to get it done by one click instead of two.
    It would not be recommended for those who don?t want to deleted their content permanently, because once its deleted from trash its kicked from the database, so make sure to take a right choice.
    Add the following pies of code in wp-config.php and you are done.
    Code: 
    define('EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS', 5 ); // Empty trash every 2 days
    Disable the Visual Editor!
    If you are good with coding, then it might not be good to keep visual editor because it might effect your codes while converting to Visual editor, so designers are recommended to remove visual editor.
    To disable this feature complete from your blog/site you can add following filer.
    Code: 
    add_filter('user_can_richedit' , create_function('' , 'return false;') , 50)
    WarezMania Reviewed by WarezMania on . Some important Tweaks for WordPress 3.1 WordPress has been discussed these days a way too much because of its user experience, today going to give some tips on how we can increase end user usability of our blog (Very helpful for guest posting enabled blogs). There is nothing much complicated because every thing is most things could be done in functions.php file (a little bit of modifications) Set the auto save interval time This feature is one of the coolest feature of wordpress, because it help us in the case we got our Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ihide.info
    you know wordpress 3.2 is already out.. actually 3.2.1 ... solves all these problems.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Website's:
    crackhack.org
    Haha I Just Found Some And Share Here For Those One Who Still With 3.1 Can Use This

Website's:
    ihide.info
    if your still with wordpress 3.1 you need to upgrade.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Website's:
    crackhack.org
    ok ShareSiz

Thread Information