Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62392 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    manx-haven.com

Default IP 3.1.4 logging users out issue

Got a bug and i cant figure it out

Have a section on my site for a club - Railworks and within that area they have 2 large threads.
    Users have been experiencing log-outs when moving within the 2 large threads but not around the rest of the site.

Also finding myself - if i use chrome it behaves ok, but when i use IE9 or Firefox it just logs me out within those threads.

Is it a cookie issue ?? or any thoughts what might be..
    Read about 3.1 and Java and ie9 issues and checked its patched for compatiability

Driving me nuts - why 2 threads are behaving like this

manxman

I bow too your superior knowledge oh great KWWH Members.....
    manxman Reviewed by manxman on . IP 3.1.4 logging users out issue Got a bug and i cant figure it out Have a section on my site for a club - Railworks and within that area they have 2 large threads. Users have been experiencing log-outs when moving within the 2 large threads but not around the rest of the site. Also finding myself - if i use chrome it behaves ok, but when i use IE9 or Firefox it just logs me out within those threads. Is it a cookie issue ?? or any thoughts what might be.. Read about 3.1 and Java and ie9 issues and checked its Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Sounds odd it happens in some browsers and others not. Guess you ofcourse tested and clean out all cookies and old history from the browsers right?

Have you tested if it also occur in the default IP.Board skin? If its a cookie thing I would guess it happens in all sections but I could be wrong. Perhaps something thats related to settings in those specific sections thats also connected to a newly installed mod or app?

Btw have you been testing some of the security settings in the acp? There is one if enable that logout members if they use another browser but thats for the whole forum and not just some specific sections so it shouldnt be that. Hmm...

Another thing I personal would test is with a test account and change the group for that account a few times and see what happens.

Final thing that I can think about right now is to simply test re-cache all skins. Just as with browsers that sometimes can fix all sorts of odd issues and it doesnt hurt to try.

/UpNorth

Website's:
    manx-haven.com
    Hi Upnorth

Thanks for the above ideas - appreciate it

When checking cookies - had cleared with ccleaner and sites cookie delete link too be sure
    Made no dam difference - at all - that saying i have set it correctly in cookies area

was told it was
    Cookie Domain - .manx-warez.org
    cookie prefix - blank
    Cookie Path - /

Checked hooks connected too threads - but makes no difference
    Tried switching skins and recaching and nope still have the problem
    Made test account and changed groups - permissions etc - still same

Just plain dam weird

In chrome still ok - but in ie9 or firefox on them two threads logs ya out

manxie - confused and losing plot

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    Damn! So with chrome its ok but not with IE9 and FF...what about Opera and Safari? Download and install those. You can always just uninstall them later if you feel. For another deeper IE test I suggest you try this freeware:
    Code: 
    http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage
    Might not help solve this problem but its normaly always good to get more information.

/UpNorth

Website's:
    manx-haven.com
    Problem fixed and site working as happy as a umpa lumpa

Quote Originally Posted by manxman View Post
    Problem fixed and site working as happy as a umpa lumpa

MInd posting sollution as I have exact same problem ?

Thread Information