Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62524 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com

Default IPB 3.2.2: Photo uploading? From 3.0.5

I just converted from IPB 3.0.5 to IPB 3.2.2

Everything went smooth. Before I converted I did a clean install in an empty database just to play around with 3.2.2 and uploaded photos just fine (when you hover on the photo icon in a profile view it pops up the word change and you can change it there.) Example:

However using the converted database, members can't change their photos when hovering near the icon (I can add photos manually through the ACP.) Example:

Yes I have run the photo/avatar conversion tools that come with it. I have also copied the HTML/PHP Files FROM the working test forum TO my default forum. So I don't know what's causing it. Am I missing a turn on/off feature in the ACP? I def checked everything I could, no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Here are some test accounts anyone can poke around and see.

Testing Forum: http://igotmusic.org/test/
    User: SparkBot
    Pass: sparkbot

Actual Forum: http://igotmusic.org (Allowed to view board if logged in)
    User: SparkBot
    Pass: sparkbot
    Golden Falcon Reviewed by Golden Falcon on . IPB 3.2.2: Photo uploading? From 3.0.5 I just converted from IPB 3.0.5 to IPB 3.2.2 Everything went smooth. Before I converted I did a clean install in an empty database just to play around with 3.2.2 and uploaded photos just fine (when you hover on the photo icon in a profile view it pops up the word change and you can change it there.) Example: http://i54.tinypic.com/68ro89.png However using the converted database, members can't change their photos when hovering near the icon (I can add photos manually through the ACP.) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    .... first did you fix group permissions since you converted???

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    And boom. That fixed it.

Wow I feel stupid. I though everything was in profile settings, because that's where everything used to be.

But the error in every group permission. Under group permissions, under global:

There's a

"Personal Photo Limits
    Max upload file size and dimensions"

And that was left blank (database conversion left it blank, clean actually fills in a number).

If it's left BLANK instead of doing the smart thing and disables an upload limit, it says "Leave blank to disable uploads".

That was a pain to find. Now I just have to edit each group.

Thanks Loonycgb2!!! Problem solved!

Thread Information