Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62699 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Would you delete a user on request?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 54.84%
  • No

10 32.26%
  • I don't care

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ψ(`∇?)ψ

2.   Sponsored Links

Gone off that Molly
    Website's:
    thefaggotstore.org
    Quote Originally Posted by lig}{tning View Post
    You can delete your account in Facebook mate
    Incorrect. You can disable your account, but they do not remove anything. They still would have your pictures, friends, wall posts, etc when/if you come back.

Phamous have look at this http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

---------------------------------[2010-05-25]---------------------------------

Once again time for some further clarification regarding the deletion process.

Based on many success-stories, I know for a fact that it works. The crucial step is to not use your Facebook account for 14 days after you've requested deletion. Only the slightest interaction with Facebook and the deletion is cancelled!

So, I've updated the information regarding this, which now reads:

Your account will be deactivated for two weeks, and if you DO NOT USE FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY during that period, your account is permanently deleted.

I REPEAT: Your profile isn't deleted right away! You must NOT log in to, or interact in any other way with Facebook for at least two weeks, as it will cancel the deletion request. That includes NOT logging in to Facebook using any client (like the iPhone app or IM like Pidgin), NOT clicking embedded Like-buttons on other websites, NOT logging in to other services using Facebook Connect (like Digg) etc etc.

Hey, while your're at it, delete all your browsing/forms history and cookies as well, to minimize the risk of accidentally using your account!

If you want out - stay out, mmmkay?
    Woman asks: If I sleep with 3 men, everyone calls me a slut.But when a man sleeps with 8 girls, everyone calls him a real man.How come?
    Wiseman replies: 'It's very simple. When one lock can be opened by 3 different keys, it's a bad lock. But when one key can open 8 different locks, we call it a master key'

A member with a lot of posts had some legal trouble and was paranoid about the 'law finding out about forums he visits

I updated all his logged IP's in the database to 192.168.0.1 for him and done a username change so nothing at all was traceable.

Im planning of removing all logged IPs for Waz-Warez or just logging the register IP and hashing it, the ip banlist has been removed and im keeping track of any new spammers etc.

I dont see the point in keeping records of everything on a warez forum, apart from blocking spammers the records would be used against people if the server was seized.

Then there would be no need for anyone to have there account removed

Gone off that Molly
    Website's:
    thefaggotstore.org
    I had my account deactivated for over 3 weeks, yet all my data was back when I re-activated it. This was about 5 months back, btw.

Website's:
    takeashotatlife.com allnewbeats.com xavierkedzierski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by lig}{tning View Post
    You can delete your account in Facebook mate
    I thought you could just deactivate it sorry

Edit: just saw a post above

No, I'd just change their user name. Or if they had a more than half decent reason I would.

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

Website's:
    wrzc.eu watchfreemoviez.eu
    If there is a valid reason, then yes I would.

Respect: SMLMATS, M-R-T, Elio, exel, SLiM, UltimA, Hx, Rick

MechoDDL - All Your Needs

I think you should be able to delete on a username on request because you never know their situation. Now if that username made an really helpful post to the forum like an important sticky... then I would say that shouldn't be deleted just because it's very helpful information to the site.

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    With a decent reason then yes I would. Now if a user who has contributed a lot with helpful posts is asking removal of it just for the hell of it then no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information