Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62472 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Would you delete a user on request?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 54.84%
  • No

10 32.26%
  • I don't care

4 12.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Probation
    Delete it as long as they have a valid reason.

Website's:
    PasteBot.appspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfella View Post
    you can't have the best of both worlds:

I take drugs, but I want you to remove proof I take drugs.
    I drink alcohol, but I want you to remove proof that I drink.
    I am an active warez contributor, but I want you to remove proof I am doing so.

Bottom line, If you are ashamed of it, how about don't do it? If you are not prepared to answer for your actions, dont commit to the action. Don't rely on others to help you cover up what you did. You did it.
    That's not true.
    In 2011, Mark Pilgrim removed some or all of his on-line presence, including his personal Web site and all of the "Dive into..." reference Web sites.After a brief storm of Internet interest, police confirmed that Pilgrim was alive and well.
    On 19 August 2009, _why's online presence was drastically truncated; his accounts on Twitter and GitHub were shut down, along with many of his personally maintained sites. His projects have since been collected and centralized on the whymirror GitHub account.
    You seriously think these guys were 'ashamed' of what they did?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandvik View Post
    I actually voted no. It is only in the worst or most extreme cases I would have removed the history and the footprints of a member who has spent time on my private forum.

If you have done something wrong, then you should accept the consequences it may entail. I do not hide evidence or similar things.

But as I said, only in extreme cases, and a very good reason should be applied.

I am surprised that you said yes right away. There are different opinions, but I feel that there is no need to erase the footprints that a person has left on a private forum that you own. See for example Facebook and Google. They delete absolutely nothing, even if you press the "delete user" button, you are still there (You might be a bit "hidden", but you are still there. Footsteps are stored). All information is stored. Control freaks.

Moreover, threads and posts will be messed with.
    Google and Facebook do that because in most cases, the guy comes back, and wants his account info back.
    It's the same on KWWH.
    People make threads like "Hey guys, I am leaving KWWH"
    or "Goodbye KWWH", and in a fortnight, we see them back. Stupid Idiots.

3.   Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information