Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62828 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Would you delete a user on request?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 54.84%
  • No

10 32.26%
  • I don't care

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default Would you delete a user on request?

The issue of what do you do if a member wants to have all their posts and their account deleted. More and more people are increasing their consciousness of their internet footprint and want more control of it, especially anything that might be seen of them in a negative light. How do you deal with a member who wants their footprint gone?
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Would you delete a user on request? The issue of what do you do if a member wants to have all their posts and their account deleted. More and more people are increasing their consciousness of their internet footprint and want more control of it, especially anything that might be seen of them in a negative light. How do you deal with a member who wants their footprint gone? Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Yes, I'd delete it with no problem - i'm not holding data users contributed to my site as hostage.
    I'd just check before deleting if ip adress from which request is made matches previous logins - deleting all the work user contributed to forum, just because some troll hacked his account would suck.

Website's:
    ps3games.ORG
    Yeah, I think you should because you never know of their situation. They might not want a certain person who knows their user name to google search it and find all their posts.

I'm curious, what are the reasons for those webmasters that vote "no"?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    you can't have the best of both worlds:

I take drugs, but I want you to remove proof I take drugs.
    I drink alcohol, but I want you to remove proof that I drink.
    I am an active warez contributor, but I want you to remove proof I am doing so.

Bottom line, If you are ashamed of it, how about don't do it? If you are not prepared to answer for your actions, dont commit to the action. Don't rely on others to help you cover up what you did. You did it.

Website's:
    MoanMyName.net Celebs4.us WarezWeek.com ExpertHide.com
    I wouldn't remove them...it messes up the flow of threads when one or more posts is missing and tbh, I wouldn't care about their personal situation.

Website's:
    takeashotatlife.com allnewbeats.com xavierkedzierski.com
    Maybe they just realize that what they are doing is wrong and they want to stop being part of it. I would not delete the user, just change his username/account details so nothing will be lost (threads,posts,etc).

Btw, Facebook should let us delete our account, stupid system

Quote Originally Posted by Kedzi View Post
    Maybe they just realize that what they are doing is wrong and they want to stop being part of it. I would not delete the user, just change his username/account details so nothing will be lost (threads,posts,etc).

Btw, Facebook should let us delete our account, stupid system
    You can delete your account in Facebook mate
    Woman asks: If I sleep with 3 men, everyone calls me a slut.But when a man sleeps with 8 girls, everyone calls him a real man.How come?
    Wiseman replies: 'It's very simple. When one lock can be opened by 3 different keys, it's a bad lock. But when one key can open 8 different locks, we call it a master key'

mmm mmm!
    I actually voted no. It is only in the worst or most extreme cases I would have removed the history and the footprints of a member who has spent time on my private forum.

If you have done something wrong, then you should accept the consequences it may entail. I do not hide evidence or similar things.

But as I said, only in extreme cases, and a very good reason should be applied.

I am surprised that you said yes right away. There are different opinions, but I feel that there is no need to erase the footprints that a person has left on a private forum that you own. See for example Facebook and Google. They delete absolutely nothing, even if you press the "delete user" button, you are still there (You might be a bit "hidden", but you are still there. Footsteps are stored). All information is stored. Control freaks.

Moreover, threads and posts will be messed with.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Gone off that Molly
    Website's:
    thefaggotstore.org
    If the user has a valid reason, yes. I most likely would not if the user is just self-conscious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information