Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62682 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    In you are eyes what does it take fir someone with an autoposter to be considered a spammer by you? Fake dvdrips? 100 of posts in 3 minutes?
    I guess there are varying levels of it. I think the best way to determine whether it is spam or not is to use a specific definition (Wikipedia )

Spam (electronic), unsolicited or undesired electronic messages
    @MrHappy - doesnt the whole "tier system" thing kind of get around random reporting? For example, only auto-ban if it has been reported say 20 times by 20 different URL's or something. You could then run a daily cron or whatever to remove users that have only been reported once or twice in the past two weeks or something.

2.   Sponsored Links

Renaming UCP didnt pick up evlo's username, i posted about this because its easy for autoposter developers to pick up what has been done and fix it.
    Still there is a long list here
    http://waz-warez.org/ucp.php

I have other things in place that just log autoposters and he was flagged a lot, as jayfella said as soon as its public/mainstream it will be bypassed

I think the best method for autoposter is not to make blocks for them as the developers of the apps will make work arounds, just log them.

And as sugested by Mr.Happy use the logged user list and add them to a group and limit posting per day.

Autoposter users on waz-warez have there own special permission to only make 10 posts per day (because there special) if another account is made there IP banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    In short he renamed login.php to another file name eg sign-in.php and then in the template and script changed the login link to the new file. That means that when autoposters try to login it doesn't work as they don't know where the real login link is.
    The thing is this requires quiet a lot of template changes which you can't really do in a plugin or mod but it's pretty easy to do yourself as your just changing the links in the template and renaming a file. Have a go on a test site. You'll never know if you don't try.

For the old login file which is now no longer used to login he just coded a script to record the usernames to see who logs in the most. This isn't really needed to stop the autoposters.

As for the original topic this used to happen quiet a bit a while ago. I'm surprised it's not happening as much. I suppose sources and release blogs are becoming more reliable.

Imo best anti autoposter thing is captcha with images on post like FYT have on login page. Very hard to beat even with captcha trader. Not impossible - obviously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information