Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6794 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Website's:
    Mafiablog.org Dl4all.net Downloadsarena.net

Default What is the ACTUAL difference between DMCA & Digital Fingerprint in Filesonic?

I'd updated those links where were deleted today and after some time it again got deleted and this time reason was "Digital Fingerprint".

I know about DMCA but what is the explanation of the "Digital Fingerprint" which is showing in the above pic?

Please share your knowledge about it

Thank you!
    Arthur Reviewed by Arthur on . What is the ACTUAL difference between DMCA & Digital Fingerprint in Filesonic? I'd updated those links where were deleted today and after some time it again got deleted and this time reason was "Digital Fingerprint". http://i.lulzimg.com/690efb6d03.jpg I know about DMCA but what is the explanation of the "Digital Fingerprint" which is showing in the above pic? Please share your knowledge about it Thank you! Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    MovieZya.com
    I really don't know but i'm guessing it's a new way to fight against uploaders, damn DMCA lol..

Website's:
    Lolz sound's disgusting. They host illegal material on their server and also force the users to delete the files or remove them himself? Its like you can find this line "Smoking is injurious for health" on every Cigarette pack even from those companies who actually sell that product. It means they are warning us but oh yeah! selling or advertisement their product as well.

Simply Bullshit with no comments!

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    I think digital is the same as youtube. Youtube can detect copyright videos because the creators of it upload a digital print of it to youtube so its recognizable automatically by youtube. Im guessing is the same thing here.

Banned
    Website's:
    HostGi.com dhi-forumerz.com
    Digital Fingerprint means that the file you uploaded has been taken down by DMCA before and because it's that exact same it also gets taken down automatically.

In short:
    Someone uploaded it before,
    they got DMCA and it got taken down,
    you re-uploaded the exact file,
    it also gets taken down.

Website's:
    So should we upload that content again after one or two days?

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by iHate View Post
    Digital Fingerprint means that the file you uploaded has been taken down by DMCA before and because it's that exact same it also gets taken down automatically.

In short:
    Someone uploaded it before,
    they got DMCA and it got taken down,
    you re-uploaded the exact file,
    it also gets taken down.
    No its not like that. I've heard that they have deleted some affiliates account who were reupload that files again and again. If DMCA and Digital Fingerprint means same thing they why they use a special term "Digital Fingerprint" for some files?

Edit:

I found this. This guy got a mail from filesonic abuse department

Banned
    Website's:
    HostGi.com dhi-forumerz.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    No its not like that. I've heard that they have deleted some affiliates account who were reupload that files again and again. If DMCA and Digital Fingerprint means same thing they why they use a special term "Digital Fingerprint" for some files?
    They are both the same but not the same at the same time,

You get DMCA = if you upload something and they get sent a DMCA notice for it.

You get Digital FingerPrint = Someone has uploaded that file before and they got a DMCA notice for it.

So they are both the same kinda, but Digital Finger print is kinda like the file has been blacklisted from being uploaded, or someone else who uploaded the same file as you got a DMCA notice and your file gets auto deleted because it has the same Hash as the file before.

This usually happends when someone already got a file (like a single link movie) removed by DMCA and then you upload EXACTLY the same file. There's something about the exact size, md5 and stuff about it. So try packing it up with adding like.. I don't know, I believe even a random .txt file should work without getting it deleted right away.

Website's:
    How to change the md5 in filesonic filemanager? I keep copies of each files in FSO and afcorse we can't repack 5 GB pack again and again. It is very hard and time taking too. Anyhow, i think i should not reupload that file again or i have to change its md5 and rename it then repack and reupload in order to alive my post again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information