Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63344 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default [php] torrent client

Hi all!

There is a little project i would like to achieve and i think it is not as hard to accomplish as it first sounds.
    I would like to send fake data to a torrent tracker. Important to note: not about uploaded data, only to send it that the torrent is still seeded. I don't want it to send fake upload data, that can be filtered out easily. I only want it to send the tracker that i'm a seeder and my client with the torrent specified is still up and running.

I'm interested in any idea!

Thank you!
    mahjong Reviewed by mahjong on . [php] torrent client Hi all! There is a little project i would like to achieve and i think it is not as hard to accomplish as it first sounds. I would like to send fake data to a torrent tracker. Important to note: not about uploaded data, only to send it that the torrent is still seeded. I don't want it to send fake upload data, that can be filtered out easily. I only want it to send the tracker that i'm a seeder and my client with the torrent specified is still up and running. I'm interested in any idea! Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It begins...
    Easiest way to do this is to install a torrent client, and sniff packets using wireshark. Once you single out the relevant packets, figure out what data is being sent, what responses are being received, etc.

From there on, you just need to replicate it in php.

You might want to look into rtorrent, there have been people that modify the source to update amount seeded to trackers. Although that isn't what you want, rtorrent/libtorrent have interfaces you can use XML-RPC.

Thread Information