Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62811 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Probation

Default Being admin, but not owner

Hello KWWHunction community.

I have been admin of a bigger game cracking related forum for many years. I'm responsible for keeping things running and maintaining the forum software.
    Until now, the forum was hosted in a country that one would consider offshore and safe, and the owner is from said country. The owner does not really know what our forum is about and him and most other admins of the site it belongs to do not really care.
    Now, he moved forum and site to a new server, but this new server is in a country that is not safe for warez hosting or linking at all. Given the unfortunate fact that I'm from that country, I'm wondering if I have to take precautions now. Suppose the server is taken down - how likely is it for me, as the one who manages the community, to get in trouble, even if I don't own the server?

Sorry for being so vague, but I hope someone with experience with high-profile boards has some advice for me. Am I being too paranoid, or should I proxy up (if I can't change the owner's mind, that is)?

Thanks for any input.
    XypHer Reviewed by XypHer on . Being admin, but not owner Hello KWWHunction community. I have been admin of a bigger game cracking related forum for many years. I'm responsible for keeping things running and maintaining the forum software. Until now, the forum was hosted in a country that one would consider offshore and safe, and the owner is from said country. The owner does not really know what our forum is about and him and most other admins of the site it belongs to do not really care. Now, he moved forum and site to a new server, but this new Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    host your site on the moon...even then YOU SHOULD BE USING PROXY

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    You are still responsible, you know whats going on.

lets say you rob a bank and you escape in a car which is driven by the owner. You both are in trouble

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    The person that pays the bills is liable. If that said person involves others, it is at his discretion, however he pays the bills and ultimately the buck stops at him. Ignorance of what is going on is not an excuse.

If for example you host a warez site in america, or a cracking forum, or any site that is not in accordance with the DMCA, usually you will be asked to close the forum more than once, and be given very certain time-frames in which you can do so without any repercussion.

Choosing to ignore these is where you start getting into warm water. If you make some bad moves, the water is only going to get hotter. This is the point where most people fall foul and end up in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bxflow View Post
    You are still responsible, you know whats going on.

lets say you rob a bank and you escape in a car which is driven by the owner. You both are in trouble
    Thats true,there has been cases where all the staff members have been prosecuted no mater how big there involvement was
    Removed by staff. Do not add the image again or we may infract you. We do not condone members to create protests.But But But what about freedom of speech. <-- that's a myth that exists in developed countries.

Website's:
    google.com
    i would advice ! you quit your admin rights !
    or instead you can make me admin there
    My Avatar is 100% Me.

Probation
    Thanks for all your advices. It seems like the situation will be resolved after all.

Thread Information