Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62512 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net

Default Filehost (Non-Monetary) Exceptional Features

Eventually I'm hoping to make a thread listing hosts with streaming, large filesizes, lifetime premium, etc. I'm getting close to being able to have a good list (I'll put it all together and post it if a mod's interested in pinning and locking it for me so I can update it with PMs and stuff (I've seen a list or two here, but all antiquated, non-updated messes).

I have the following premium lifetime accounts: CramIt.In, FileJungle (new), FileServe, FileSonic, MegaUpload (x2, actually), and SlingFile (new).

I also have premium accounts (which I'll be letting lapse): NetLoad, MegaShares

CramIt.In
    - I was hoping this would be SOOO much more functional than it is (have to re-log-in every couple of minutes, filemanger blows, everything seems to be uploaded as public, the list goes on)
    - Torrent capability is interesting (although I haven't tested it yet), if it either seeds to X ratio or for X days this could make this a very great option
    - Unrar/Rar doesn't seem to be working; but this also makes it pretty interesting in the event that they pull their act together

MegaUpload
    - Currently my main host: MegaVideo is awesome, no filesize limit (HUGE upside); I have 28TBs uploaded to my personal account in single-link, zero-extraction format
    - 500 kbps is horrid/stupid limitation, no FTP, Remote Upload is slow, unreliable, and hard on the server

Now, I'm looking to add perhaps a couple of hosts, and to find a host I can replace MegaUpload with. I don't really give a shit about how much money they pay me for anything; I'm looking for FEATURES.

For me to want to add it, it has to have a special feature (like MegaVideo with MegaUpload, Rar/Unrar with CramIt.In). I've looked at Badongo with it's Usenet capability (seems like a really cool idea). But Badongo doesn't have a lifetime option, and I can't tell what their filesize limitations are, and no streaming.

I'm looking at GlumboUploads. While some of the files I'd want to convert are larger than their 5GB limit, I'm interested if they let me use the settings I want (I currently do a lot of converting on my computer so I can use on my iPod; but just like I like uploading/sharing in single, perfect links and enjoy high quality content (hence the big filesizes), I also am only interested in converted/converting files IF I can shrink them to the size I want and the quality I want (I currently use Handbrake with an RF of 25-23, picture dimensions, etc.)

FileFactory is interesting with it's torrent capability, it's well established. But no streaming, no lifetime, and torrent isn't fully functional and stuff yet, so I'm not gonna go premium yet (and without lifetime the host can't replace MU).

Please, let me know what is out there and what they offer that makes them special (once again, I'm not interested in how much they pay me per download or any of that bullshit).
    Maverick Reviewed by Maverick on . Filehost (Non-Monetary) Exceptional Features Eventually I'm hoping to make a thread listing hosts with streaming, large filesizes, lifetime premium, etc. I'm getting close to being able to have a good list (I'll put it all together and post it if a mod's interested in pinning and locking it for me so I can update it with PMs and stuff (I've seen a list or two here, but all antiquated, non-updated messes). I have the following premium lifetime accounts: CramIt.In, FileJungle (new), FileServe, FileSonic, MegaUpload (x2, actually), and Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

u buy alot of premiums

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    Yes, I do. I had HotFile and DuckLoad before HotFile fucked up everything and DuckLoad got taken down. I also have a Diamond (or whatever) account with Giganews, a $300/month dedicated server, SCC, BTN, HDChina, AHD, etc.

I usually upload 100-200 GBs a day to MegaUpload (I'm currently being slowed down by their fetch). With all this I'm interested in two things: sharing content and collecting content (this is where I'm different than most UPLOADERS--I enjoy having a collection of Blu-Ray Discs, Untouched DVD9s, 1080p and 720p content (as well as DVDRips--no HDTV ever) all named perfectly with quality and group (and on MegaUpload the release name as the description).

I haven't done MUCH with portable device encodes until too recently; but (as with everything else) I'm very meticulous with these--I use MetaX (along with some more automated programs) so that I can import complete seasons to iTunes and have them have episode numbers, season numbers, episode name, release date, actors, director(s), writer(s), and episode descriptions.

At the moment I'm really collecting content, but having it already uploaded and all that, so it's readily available. Looking mostly for the best/right opportunity to share it; but also the best host to share it on.

100-200 TB a day are u joking mate

Website's:
    SherwoodForum.net
    Hahaha, thanks!! I just fixed it.

Thread Information