Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62896 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default IPPA = Real deal?

Hey guys,I have a JAV blog and today I've received an email from NetResult Solutions Limited.Email was sent to my domain registrar (Godaddy) then forwarded to me.Here's the content of the email:

IPPA AV Infringement - IPPA CaseID-XXXXXX
    Dear Sir,

NetResult Solutions Limited has been granted authority to act on behalf of the Intellectual Property Promotion Association (???IPPA???) and its members with regard to all matters concerning IPPA and its members??? intellectual property rights on the internet including in relation to internet downloading, uploading, and sharing of IPPA and its members??? contents (hereafter referred to as 'The Publisher').

The Publisher has the exclusive right to commercially exploit "Crystal (?????????????????????) : ????????????????????? " including, but not limited to, all still images, moving images and other audio/video content.

We have noticed that your website,(link removed) is displaying and/or offering the The Publisher???s content ??? "Crystal (?????????????????????) : ????????????????????? ".

As you have neither sought nor obtained permission from The Publisher to use this content, your present use is an infringement of The Publisher's rights.

Please immediately cease all such infringements on any and all of your web sites, delete from your servers all copies of the infringing material, and confirm to us via email that you have done so.

Nothing in this letter is intended or shall be construed to constitute an express or implied waiver of any of The Publisher's rights or remedies, including any rights or remedies in respect of infringement not explicitly stated, whether current or in the future, all of which are expressly reserved.

I hereby state that The Publisher is the owner of the exclusive rights referenced above and that NetResult is authorised to act on its behalf with respect to internet monitoring and compliance.

On behalf of The Publisher, I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that use of the content in the manner complained of is not authorised by The Publisher, its agents, or the law.

Yours faithfully,

YenpoC

NetResult Solutions Limited
    PO BOX 68506
    London
    SW15 9DT
    United Kingdom

Tel: 44 (0)20 8246 4120
    Fax: 44 (0)20 8246 4130

Well anyway I've deleted the post and I have no clue what those ??? are for,maybe fail encoding?
    So any of you ever received email from these guys?Is it legit?
    rocketo panchi2 Reviewed by rocketo panchi2 on . IPPA = Real deal? Hey guys,I have a JAV blog and today I've received an email from NetResult Solutions Limited.Email was sent to my domain registrar (Godaddy) then forwarded to me.Here's the content of the email: IPPA AV Infringement - IPPA CaseID-XXXXXX Dear Sir, NetResult Solutions Limited has been granted authority to act on behalf of the Intellectual Property Promotion Association (???IPPA???) and its members with regard to all matters concerning IPPA and its members??? intellectual property rights Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

DMCA is stupid, they don't even bother providing all the links so you dont have an option but to close the site down... same happened to me mate but it was the BPI who sent me a letter... he even came to my house and told me how much of a badboy i've been

can't verify if it's real.... try doing a bit of research on IPPA, i've never heard of them.

Made by Envee :P

Banned
    Move your domain to somewhere else. Don't host your site in high risk countries.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Why don't you just remove the download link from that page and tell them that your user has provided that link and that you have removed it.

So you'll be on safe side.

Banned
    It's not only download links. They will demand that you remove any pictures/box cover and description taken from the box cover/their site from your site. and they will provide the infringing links tobe removed like:

yoursite.com/category/*

Basically they want you to close the site. Period.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    @Gonzo1136,

As far as I know, I've received DMCAs from many big guys and I used to reply them politely that it was the user who was responsible for that link and that the link from the page would be removed immediately.

I'd remove the link and matter closed.

Few times, they asked me to remove the whole page but I used to reply them back as its not violating any law. The user just posted a review about it and that we are free to post our reviews on almost everything.

So the authorities didn't reply to me after that email and the legal issues get solved.

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    Move to a new offshore location?

Domain with Godaddy? Didn't know you supported SOPA. Why are you in warez if you support SOPA?

Thread Information