Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62684 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default Get iOS 5 On iPhone 2G/ 3G, iPod touch 2G/ 3G With Whited00r 5.1

Users of iPhone?s newer models might outnumber people having iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G, but still a considerable contingent of users remain who have not yet upgraded their phones. This means that there are a lot of iPhones out there which are not running the newer versions of iOS. iOS 5 was released a few months back, and it has got just about all the features Apple fans have wanted for a long time. So, if you own an older iPhone or iPod touch, there is no longer a need to be jealous of iOS 5. You can get most of the features iOS 5 offers via the latest version of Whited00r. Read on to know how to use this tool with your iDevice.

The devices supported by Whited00r 5.1 include:

iPhone 2G
    iPhone 3G
    iPod touch 2G
    iPod touch 3G

Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have iOS and jailbreaking experience before you try this tool. KWWHunction won?t be responsible if you end up damaging your device.
    Whited00r will automatically jailbreak your device, and the latest version of Cydia, 1.1.3, will be installed on it. The biggest advantage of the tool, is that you will get true multitasking, and apps will keep in running state in the background. Whited00r will bring almost all the cosmetic features in iOS 5, like wallpapers, ringtones and other OS sounds. A few small, but significant features have been added to the mix as well, like the word count in Message app, and Reminders app is preinstalled as well. According to the developers of Whited00r, the interface of the custom firmware is designed to resemble iOS 5 as much as possible, without affecting the performance and speed of your device. The complete feature list can be viewed on Whited00r?s official website.

Here is how you can get iOS 5 on any older iDevice, even if it is not jailbroken.

Go to the Whited00r download page, and from there, choose your device.
    Download the Whited00r IPSW file of your respective device. There is just one file each available for iPod touch models, but the iPhones have two versions of Whited00r files. If you want to hacktivate your device, download the Unlocker file, otherwise go for the Normal version.
    The IPSW files are in zipped form. Unzip them and save on any location n your PC or Mac.
    Although this is not necessary, but it?s better if you put your device in DFU mode. This can be done by holding the power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds, and then releasing the Power button while holding Home for 20 seconds more. Your phone?s screen with go completely black in DFU mode.
    Now, connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. If in DFU, iTunes will automatically detect an iDevice connected in Recovery mode.
    For PC, press SHIFT key and the Restore button in iTunes simultaneously, while for Mac, ALT+Restore is required.
    Point iTunes to the saved IPSW file, and then restore your device.
    It will take about 15 minutes for the custom IPSW to be installed on your iPhone, and once you restart it, you can start enjoying iOS 5 on your iDevice. However, it must be noticed that, even though Whited00r has been optimized for older devices, the performance and speed will be affected nonetheless. So, it is a tradeoff between getting latest features, or maintaining your devices performance, but at least you have a choice now.

Editor?s Note: We may also point out that the hacktivated version of Whited00r does not come with push notification certs, and YouTube app might not work, either. You can work around that using the Push Doctor or SAM packages from Cydia, or any other solution for the said problem.

Credit: AT
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Get iOS 5 On iPhone 2G/ 3G, iPod touch 2G/ 3G With Whited00r 5.1 http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Whited00r-banner.jpg Users of iPhone?s newer models might outnumber people having iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G, but still a considerable contingent of users remain who have not yet upgraded their phones. This means that there are a lot of iPhones out there which are not running the newer versions of iOS. iOS 5 was released a few months back, and it has got just about all the features Apple fans have wanted for a long time. So, if you own Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    My god i wish some one would try this i wonder if it lags

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    Most likely will lag as probably the older devices cant handle ios 5

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    tbh i switched from my samsung galaxy s to the iphone 4 s and its amazing i ask siri to find a prostitute or lesbian bar and it works

mmm mmm!
    Siri
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    lol this is soooo old, I'm from the 2g iphone age
    they did it also when you couldn't upgrade to 4.0
    it just automates things you can install yourself
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

Website's:
    NFSpeed.com DeepSeaSub.com GravelTrailer.com SocialSpat.com UAVbase.com SafeBabyCrib.com
    I never did understand the hype about owning an i-phone. Cool because it has an apple logo? Give me a break. Funny that Apple co-founder even admits he prefers his Android to his i-phone for certain tasks. Mainly voice search and mapping. Android is miles ahead. Steve Jobs (rest in peace) never invented any thing. He just new how to package it and make it user friendly when he started.
    Why people pay more for inferior technology is amazing. You can read the article here where he states the Android is better.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/wosni...mkcpgn=rssnws1

Website's:
    KWWHunction.com Google.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobeGenius View Post
    I never did understand the hype about owning an i-phone. Cool because it has an apple logo? Give me a break. Funny that Apple co-founder even admits he prefers his Android to his i-phone for certain tasks. Mainly voice search and mapping. Android is miles ahead. Steve Jobs (rest in peace) never invented any thing. He just new how to package it and make it user friendly when he started.
    Why people pay more for inferior technology is amazing. You can read the article here where he states the Android is better.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/wosni...mkcpgn=rssnws1
    WTF is wrong with you Mr iPhone Hater
    Are we debating or arguing as to which is better? iPhone or Android phone ?
    We all know which is best Arguing or debating over this wont make your phone better
    Intel Xeon E3 -1240 16 GB DDR3 Ram 4 x 1 TB HDD 1 Gbit 100 TB BW -

Website's:
    WarezRocker.info Share4U.org Imdb.WarezRocker.info DownTurko.org Host-Palace.com HeroTurko.pro
    thanks bro,i have iphone 3G and ipad 1 wifi 64GB,ipad supported latest ios but my iphone not supported,i was thinking to buy a new iphone when 5 will release,but now i think i dont need a new iphone coz i am getting new version os in my iphone,thank you so much,will try it.

Website's:
    NFSpeed.com DeepSeaSub.com GravelTrailer.com SocialSpat.com UAVbase.com SafeBabyCrib.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    WTF is wrong with you Mr iPhone Hater
    Are we debating or arguing as to which is better? iPhone or Android phone ?
    We all know which is best Arguing or debating over this wont make your phone better
    WTF is wrong with you Glenn? I made a comment. My opinion. Do you swear at everyone who is not i-phone "sheep"? The truth always hurts. Apple co-founder even stated the Android works better. I am no i-phone hater. Go put words in some one else`s mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information