Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62636 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Rapidshare questions

Hey,
    I have a small site for anime, we had everything on megaupload; and now it's all gone

I'm thinking of using Rapidshare as a replacement. What do you guys think?

Also, what are their policies:
    - Do they block files based on MD5?
    - Do they delete uploader accounts after some files are reported for copyright infringement?

For the most part, the links on my site are safe, but it's possible for someone to paste them somewhere else on the internet = dead links.

Would appreciate any information in this!
    lellouchftw Reviewed by lellouchftw on . Rapidshare questions Hey, I have a small site for anime, we had everything on megaupload; and now it's all gone :( I'm thinking of using Rapidshare as a replacement. What do you guys think? Also, what are their policies: - Do they block files based on MD5? - Do they delete uploader accounts after some files are reported for copyright infringement? For the most part, the links on my site are safe, but it's possible for someone to paste them somewhere else on the internet = dead links. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

- Do they block files based on MD5? YES
    - Do they delete uploader accounts after some files are reported for copyright infringement? afaik, NO.

Banned
    What Is Your Site?

all their servers are off shore also right?
    do they keep logs of what you download?
    i remember i read somewhere that it doesn't.. anyone can confirm?

of course they have logs. Did RS turn them over the last time they were under pressure, NO

if you are downloader only, you have minimum risk if any

+1 rep for you =] well i want to upload some of my work for school from different areas i hope they dont.. ip ban if you log on multiple ips in a day.. around 2-3

Will they lock my account if I share my account to my friend to upload files into my account?

Will they lock my account if I share my account to my friend to upload files into my account?
    possibly yes.
    so tell your friend to create a free account in RS and upload to his account, then collect all the URL, just paste it in your account(RS to RS) , that's all all files will copy to your account in few seconds..

so don't share your account..

RS wont have problems, stable for now!
    Screwed

Thread Information