Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62162 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicidalMedia View Post
    I doubt you're being serious, but... You need to know that all those who are currently scared, they're scared for a reason. Most, if not all file hosts that were using forums like KWWHunction to advertise their services are indeed government's persons of interest. Just think about it... They use whois privacy on their domain names and they are mostly hosted in Datacenters from countries that are known to be used by people whose intentions aren't so "well". Corporation behind the file host probably doesn't even exist, in most cases, it's just a shell corporation - and only one person is behind it, most of the time - someone who has no idea of the whole operation. All in all, it's for people who know what they want, and that is money - faster than they could get it with some other project without giving out too much information about themselves.

Ideas you have are completely illegal, and you should stay away from spiders that are determined (i.e. to simply crawl for files like archives,mp3,avi,flv,etc...) and file hosts.

I know you're going to say that the file host (cyberlocker) idea isn't illegal, but let's face it, most people won't share photos or documents via such service. They will either send it as an attachment via mail or simply set up their own servers for such purposes.

p.s. don't think that big.
    Thanks, I have to agree, file hosts do seem very illegal when you put it like that. Personally, I'd locate my website "offshore" only for tax and for speeds rather than being illegal. (Host the website in the UK - fast ping for myself then. And host the files in the netherlands, since leaseweb have impressive and cheap servers/speeds), so if I go by what you're saying, I should host the website in the USA to make it not seem affraid and also provide my real whois information? Since I don't have a official company address at the moment I'd be rather uncomfortable about that.

I want to build a community around music streaming (similar to Grooveshark in away but a tiny bit of a 'unique' twist) most out of those 3 ideas. I've always been interested in music (since the best way to make websites is to be the user who uses it... that's why I have chosen music streaming)... would allowing user generated content + allowing users to upload automaticly make it deemed as illegal? Ofcause, I'd offer labels payment per stream but I can't offer it to every label as it's not that simple.

Btw, "I doubt you're being serious" I'm being serious... it's just I find it hard to take myself seriously sometimes so my threads echo that.

Cheers,

Made by Envee :P

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    comicstroll.com gamerztime.com
    If i were you..i wouldn't make filehosting/warez site especially at this time when Sopa...is covering the whole internet with its non-logical rules..
    so..i dont recommend this ATM

hope you understand what i mean..maybe when Sopa and its sisters go away..think about that as so many others will do

Quote Originally Posted by bdr111446 View Post
    If i were you..i wouldn't make filehosting/warez site especially at this time when Sopa...is covering the whole internet with its non-logical rules..
    so..i dont recommend this ATM

hope you understand what i mean..maybe when Sopa and its sisters go away..think about that as so many others will do
    Yes, I'm not doing them anymore, but I'm still interested in the music streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Drug View Post
    Thanks, I have to agree, file hosts do seem very illegal when you put it like that. Personally, I'd locate my website "offshore" only for tax and for speeds rather than being illegal. (Host the website in the UK - fast ping for myself then. And host the files in the netherlands, since leaseweb have impressive and cheap servers/speeds), so if I go by what you're saying, I should host the website in the USA to make it not seem affraid and also provide my real whois information? Since I don't have a official company address at the moment I'd be rather uncomfortable about that.

I want to build a community around music streaming (similar to Grooveshark in away but a tiny bit of a 'unique' twist) most out of those 3 ideas. I've always been interested in music (since the best way to make websites is to be the user who uses it... that's why I have chosen music streaming)... would allowing user generated content + allowing users to upload automaticly make it deemed as illegal? Ofcause, I'd offer labels payment per stream but I can't offer it to every label as it's not that simple.

Btw, "I doubt you're being serious" I'm being serious... it's just I find it hard to take myself seriously sometimes so my threads echo that.

Cheers,
    Good luck, but you need to know that it is a pricey business - and getting investors for it is hard. Why? Because there are so many websites offering you the same things, and all have an established name.

You should use this idea as motivation, and in order to be able to achieve it, you need to finish with the school, make a smaller website in between, to at least generate some revenue for you could proudly say it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SuicidalMedia View Post
    Good luck, but you need to know that it is a pricey business - and getting investors for it is hard. Why? Because there are so many websites offering you the same things, and all have an established name.

You should use this idea as motivation, and in order to be able to achieve it, you need to finish with the school, make a smaller website in between, to at least generate some revenue for you could proudly say it's yours.
    I don't go to school.

I hear what you're saying, cheers. Are investors necessary? I'd prefer to keep it an independant company at first and once it needs more care and attention start to employ people + look for investment.

I had a website to give me income which made me quite a lot but I've had to take it away since because of ... issues (not related to megaupload, it wasn't an illegal website )

As a side website, I had ideas but since side websites normally need attention it's quite hard to balance out my time. For example, a past project sold software and I ended up dedicating all my time to customer support (#1 thing I dislike about business is customer support).

Cheers for your help.

Website's:
    pirateshaven.org thevault.pirateshaven.org

Cheers,
    IN US....See you in Prison Buddy

Don't get HIGH with Ur Own Supply

Website's:
    KillUrTime.com JollyInfo.com FurryBerry.com
    Hi there,

This is a serious question and it's not someone who wants to make an illegal website. I want to make a legit business similar to mediafire/rapidshare.

Also, I want to make a website like Grooveshark (music streaming, pays labels upon request) as well as a file search engine like filestube.com.

3 areas that I love. However, since the Megaupload senario many people have ran away in fear. So what I'm wondering is if my dream of owning any of the mentioned websites can be legally possible?

Sure, I want to respect the Safe Habour laws etc and wouldn't have an affiliate system (unless they are verified labels on the grooveshark idea).

If you don't think it's nolonger anywhere near safe, please feel free to suggest similar ideas which I could achieve (I've always been a fan of files / videos/ movies/ music, it's my niche).

Btw, for those whom like to troll and say "get a real job", I have a real job, but I want to be self employed.

Many thanks,
    Mp3Drug

Mail to FBI and they can give you best advice

Quote Originally Posted by Krack3r View Post
    IN US....See you in Prison Buddy
    I'm not in the US I said "offshore" because people always refer to offshore being off the USA and not their own country. I live in the UK, just as had mind you, but less currupt

Quote Originally Posted by tooth View Post
    Mail to FBI and they can give you best advice
    I would be FBI is being attacked by Anonymous right now

Anyone know how to register in Seychelles by the way? Google isn't helping me when I'm trying to find my answer.

Currently learning C++ so I can start my own version of Megakey as well

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    This might be interesting and hopefully a small help:
    Code: 
    http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-stop-domain-names-being-seized-by-the-us-government-110205/
    Good luck...

Website's:
    FileHostingDirectory.com
    dood you can do it f what everybody else has to say about it bro you want it you take the risk.. you would have be low key and never have knowledge of anything illegal and be sure you don't talk like a dumbass or involve yourself in illegal things. what you do behind closed doors is your business.

but you have to think short term.. so there is demand right now if you buidl up your business 5 years your out dont try and rape millions and millions like MU dont even be greedy just think more like the fast nickle rather than the slow dime.

good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information