Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61912 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Want to start website but scared of the fear which is spreading.

Hi there,

This is a serious question and it's not someone who wants to make an illegal website. I want to make a legit business similar to mediafire/rapidshare.

Also, I want to make a website like Grooveshark (music streaming, pays labels upon request) as well as a file search engine like filestube.com.

3 areas that I love. However, since the Megaupload senario many people have ran away in fear. So what I'm wondering is if my dream of owning any of the mentioned websites can be legally possible?

Sure, I want to respect the Safe Habour laws etc and wouldn't have an affiliate system (unless they are verified labels on the grooveshark idea).

If you don't think it's nolonger anywhere near safe, please feel free to suggest similar ideas which I could achieve (I've always been a fan of files / videos/ movies/ music, it's my niche).

Btw, for those whom like to troll and say "get a real job", I have a real job, but I want to be self employed.

Many thanks,
    Mp3Drug
    Putin Reviewed by Putin on . Want to start website but scared of the fear which is spreading. Hi there, This is a serious question and it's not someone who wants to make an illegal website. I want to make a legit business similar to mediafire/rapidshare. Also, I want to make a website like Grooveshark (music streaming, pays labels upon request) as well as a file search engine like filestube.com. 3 areas that I love. However, since the Megaupload senario many people have ran away in fear. So what I'm wondering is if my dream of owning any of the mentioned websites can be legally Rating: 5

Made by Envee :P

2.   Sponsored Links

check filesonic website - suposedly they signed with some outside company to check files uploaded there so they will keep an eye on that
    maybe that is the solution if you want to run legit filehoster
    CLICK ME

Quote Originally Posted by zenica View Post
    check filesonic website - suposedly they signed with some outside company to check files uploaded there so they will keep an eye on that
    maybe that is the solution if you want to run legit filehoster
    Thank you, I've bookmarked it . Any other solutions?

I'm ready to start the grooveshark site (it's all coded etc) same goes for the file search engine. So any info about these would be very much appreciated.

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    forget pay labels on request just pay them the royalties they are due and get the proper permissions for use or distribution.

Legit is Legit

Quote Originally Posted by WDF View Post
    forget pay labels on request just pay them the royalties they are due and get the proper permissions for use or distribution.

Legit is Legit
    That's not an option because I need user generated uploads. Since I want the website to be used by everyone, not limited to mainstream music. Such as death metal etc. All these bands I cannot upload manually. :-\

I guess I could enable user uploads and manually contact the labels for permission..? Then the question is, how much would they want per stream of their music.

Banned
    Website's:
    Ifyoureseeingthisinsteadofrealbiothenyourenotyetreadytoknow.com
    Make something new, better than Grooveshark and spamtube.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleDuty View Post
    Make something new, better than Grooveshark and spamtube.
    Like what?

I've got ideas along the lines of file host/music streaming. I was hoping on making a social network which implants these features (share your music and files with friends etc).

If you have any ideas, feel free to speak out. I wont bite

... or will I?

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Drug View Post
    Hi there,

I want to make a legit business.......

Many thanks,
    Mp3Drug
    Legit Business requires funds to operate. Any unauthorized performance or distribution.......yada yada yada and so on.

You have to pay them or when they notice you you will not operate (ie. original napster).

Quote Originally Posted by WDF View Post
    Legit Business requires funds to operate. Any unauthorized performance or distribution.......yada yada yada and so on.

You have to pay them or when they notice you you will not operate (ie. original napster).
    I've got the money from previous projects but do you have any ideas if they'd charge per stream or they'd demand a set fee like $200k a year(or even more? - this would totally put me off if it was a set fee), I want to pay them per stream.

I doubt you're being serious, but... You need to know that all those who are currently scared, they're scared for a reason. Most, if not all file hosts that were using forums like KWWHunction to advertise their services are indeed government's persons of interest. Just think about it... They use whois privacy on their domain names and they are mostly hosted in Datacenters from countries that are known to be used by people whose intentions aren't so "well". Corporation behind the file host probably doesn't even exist, in most cases, it's just a shell corporation - and only one person is behind it, most of the time - someone who has no idea of the whole operation. All in all, it's for people who know what they want, and that is money - faster than they could get it with some other project without giving out too much information about themselves.

Ideas you have are completely illegal, and you should stay away from spiders that are determined (i.e. to simply crawl for files like archives,mp3,avi,flv,etc...) and file hosts.

I know you're going to say that the file host (cyberlocker) idea isn't illegal, but let's face it, most people won't share photos or documents via such service. They will either send it as an attachment via mail or simply set up their own servers for such purposes.

p.s. don't think that big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information