Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6916 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Please help me out with SQL

I have following connection string in my web.config file

Code: 
    <add name="ConnectionStringUsersdb" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\usersdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
        <add name="ConnectionStringFilesdb" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\filesdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    I get following database error after hosting my site at hostgator

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
    At my local computer application works perfectly file but not at hostgator

Do i need to do some modification in connection string?
    18folder Reviewed by 18folder on . Please help me out with SQL I have following connection string in my web.config file <add name="ConnectionStringUsersdb" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\usersdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> <add name="ConnectionStringFilesdb" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\filesdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Do you have the database uploaded on the server? If it's SQL,you have to make a remote connection with your desktop's database/or with your server(but 1st you have to allow remote connections)
    Also have you set up the correct TCP ports on your server?

Thread Information