Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62322 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default external hard drives

hey guys

i just wanted to know with external hard drives do u have to format and stuff like that when u plug it in or can u just plug it in and start storing files on them....

sorry if this sounds a stupid question but i dont know much about hardware products and i just wanted somewhere to store my movies and music

thanks

also can anyone reccomend a external hard drive for me
    thanks
    priviet02 Reviewed by priviet02 on . external hard drives hey guys i just wanted to know with external hard drives do u have to format and stuff like that when u plug it in or can u just plug it in and start storing files on them.... sorry if this sounds a stupid question but i dont know much about hardware products and i just wanted somewhere to store my movies and music thanks also can anyone reccomend a external hard drive for me Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

normally they are formatted at the factory so when you get it just start putting stuff on it

and don't get a buffalo they are shit i had on until yesterday when it fell over and now is fucked yep that's right all it did was fall over 200gb of data down the drain

a good one is Western Digital my brother has had his for 2years no problems at all with it
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

thats a coincidence acctually cuz i was looking at this western digital one... http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/1Tb-W...**Drive-PC-MAC 1tb so more than enough for now......

i have wd 1tb and it needed format cause it was fat32 and you can t copy single files above 4gb

well i looked at the info for it and it said formatted and ready togo.......also as long as i can transfer atleast 2 gb over at a time then im fine..

Thanksguys for all ur imputs.....keep them coming

Thread Information