Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62704 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default DMCA Notice for non existing data?!

So I host a torrent tracker (tracker, not a torrent indexer)

there is not a single file hosted on this server at all. just tracker and webserver software and that is it. anyways. I got this DMCA notice from my provider and I have no clue what I am meant to do since I dont actually host any files that infringe anything (dont host files at all lol)

Please any advice on what I need to do will be really helpful

Code: 
    Evidentiary Information:
    Notice ID: 314-10XXXXXX
    Initial Infringement Timestamp: 19 Feb 2012 23:03:55 GMT Recent Infringement
    Timestamp: 19 Feb 2012 23:03:55 GMT Infringers IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Protocol: BitTorrent Tracker
    Infringed Work: Movie Name
    Infringing File Name: Movie Name (2011) Infringing File Size: 735412540
    Port ID: 80
    URL: http://tracker.XXXXXXXXXX.TLD/announce
    and here is the rest of it:
    http://freetexthost.com/hkffat0p2c
    YIFY Reviewed by YIFY on . DMCA Notice for non exsisting data?! So I host a torrent tracker (tracker, not a torrent indexer) there is not a single file hosted on this server at all. just tracker and webserver software and that is it. anyways. I got this DMCA notice from my provider and I have no clue what I am meant to do since I dont actually host any files that infringe anything (dont host files at all lol) Please any advice on what I need to do will be really helpful Evidentiary Information: Notice ID: 314-10XXXXXX Initial Infringement Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    worldwidexs.com.au
    Get a VPN, reply to them asking for what they meant by remove, as you are not hosting anything or even linking.

Explain it to them, but be careful

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    "We hereby request that you immediately remove or block access to the infringing
    material, as specified in the copyright laws, and insure the user refrains from
    using or sharing with others unauthorized Starz Media, LLC materials in the
    future (see, 17 U.S.C. 512)."

The notice states "remove or block" meaning they want you to censor out any material they are claiming rights to. I believe legally it has to be specifically stated in the notice and can not be a blanket notice encompassing all of their copyrights though.

Do a web search on dmca notices to find specifics. They do it to Google as well, that is why search results get removed.

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    I say ask your hosting provider to review the headers seems to be a fake complaint if you look at the bottom you'll see the name

Osama Hussain Esq.

The website given for the email doesn't load so most likely you can ignore the DMCA as it seems to be a fake one. As I say again to double check ask your hosting provider to review the email source / header to make sure it's actually coming from whom it says it is.

Are you can respond back to hosting provider letting them know you're running a torrent tracker you've no way of removing or blocking the content since you're only tracking it.

It seems to be very legit though
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/osahus

Thanks for the helpful advice guys.

Website's:
    IwebHostu.com Realitykings.com UseNext.com
    Dude.. That note the torrent tracking. I know movie not inside your server but some guy has that movie illegally at his PC and you let him to share that to others.. That's kind a tiny DMCA Violation according to DMCA Law.
    All those VB forums or sites offers torrents should be accused. Stay way from it.
    Your site Down? You deserve it! You must be fall for any cheap Offer. Must Read the Rules - I love KWWH

Thread Information