Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62695 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Only display a screen name on website with online payment for membership

Hello everyone,

Let's say I add a credit processor option to a website selling digital files (not adult, not illegal, okay Imagine a thing a bit like mediafire, free downloads or purchasing of a membership to leech better and faster, but without the option for members to upload data themselves, halfway between file sharing and a web shop), like Paypal or Alertpay, for instance.
    In case it matters, if it's paypal, it doesn't have to be done with credit card, payment can also be done from one's account's balance.

Please, what are the ways to be SURE my private identity will not be displayed, that only a screen name or company name will be displayed to the payers ?

I don't ask for anonimity, I'm perfectly fine with giving the credit card processor my full private identify with solid proof (for instance, I'm a verified Premier Paypal member, they have a copy of my bank account's paper) : I ask for privacy, if you see the nuance.

With paypal :

I heard Business accounts had that feature, but I wonder if it is doable with my Premier account. It'd better be, since, to make my account Business, paypal would be very annoying in requesting valid evidence I'm running a company, while I am not.

I know that when I manually send money to someone, that someone will be shown my real personal name. But maybe it's different for online payments.

I searched a bit the documentation, but it wasn't very clear.
    There's this page (after htt ps paypal dot com, add /cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/personal_vs_business-outside ) or that other one (after htt ps paypal dot com, add /helpcenter/main.jsp?cmd=_help&solutionId=11828&t=solutionTab& bn_r=m ), but it wasn't very specific about the precise point that is worrying me, the privacy.

I saw an option in my paypal settings (add /webapps/customerprofile/summary.view after paypal.com once you're logged into your account), I translate it freely since I'm not using the English version of paypal, that option is to "define the company name as it will appear on the bank statement of my customers", it's an 8-letters string.
    Would it be that, that which would be shown to the customers when they pay ?

Or is it something different, really only available for business accounts, and not premier accounts ?

With Alertpay, preferrably :

Basically, same deal I heard the Business accounts can do that, but it's been one week I didn't receive a decisive reply from their support after a too generic first reply

Please, if you have an answer to this important question, let me know, I'll be grateful
    reneefr Reviewed by reneefr on . Only display a screen name on website with online payment for membership Hello everyone, Let's say I add a credit processor option to a website selling digital files (not adult, not illegal, okay :D Imagine a thing a bit like mediafire, free downloads or purchasing of a membership to leech better and faster, but without the option for members to upload data themselves, halfway between file sharing and a web shop), like Paypal or Alertpay, for instance. In case it matters, if it's paypal, it doesn't have to be done with credit card, payment can also be done from Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    takedownpiracy.com
    How about with paypal change your address so it only shows what country your in.Thats what i do.

@ DJ Mad : this isn't a test paypal account, this is a SERIOUS paypal account with occasionally big money. Adress change means providing updated identity papers of some sort, which would mean here to commit a forgery.

I can't allow myself to screw up my paypal account in preparation for the day they make a random verification or a competitor reports me to harm my biz.

Thread Information