Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62603 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    warezstop.com

Default warez question.

hey all. been running my own site for several years now and haven't gotten in trouble (yet) and i just wanted to know some thing ive been wondering but never got around to asking anyone.

1. if you host offshore but dont live in the us. can the sentence be worse since i knew i was hosting offshore. knew the legalities of hosting a warez website and be fine several hundred/thousand for hosting warez?

2. im aware of the civial court cases but again, i live outside the US. how would that work. its to my understanding that civil cases are us based.

3. whats the minimum and maximum fine for hosting a warez site./jail sentence. i know the whole piracy is bad shit at the beginning of movies. but ive been reading up on lawsuits and whatnot and i havent seen no $250,000 fine or 5 years. ssupload case- shutdown,turk got nothing, NG got $15,000 or would of got 3 years had he not paid and gave info to cops.
    same deal with sswarez. hellhound (<-- asshole) owned it same deal, he was willing to give up everyone if he didnt have to serve a sentence or pay a fine. not important how i know this but ive got my facts right.

just curious...
    SpLaT* Reviewed by SpLaT* on . warez question. hey all. been running my own site for several years now and haven't gotten in trouble (yet) and i just wanted to know some thing ive been wondering but never got around to asking anyone. 1. if you host offshore but dont live in the us. can the sentence be worse since i knew i was hosting offshore. knew the legalities of hosting a warez website and be fine several hundred/thousand for hosting warez? 2. im aware of the civial court cases but again, i live outside the US. how would that Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    If you run your site offshore and don't store the warez on your site you should be fine legal wise, as far as I know nobody running there site on offshore servers have gotton into trouble with the law. If you do get in trouble for hosting warez you won't be put into jail you'll get maybe a small fine or community service.

Website's:
    warezstop.com
    im aware that hosting warez is really bad. im also aware that if no copyright files are hosted on my server then i should be fine. which is almost good because the only thing i require to upload are movie posters. still bad since movie posters are copyrighted content as well

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by SpLaT* View Post
    1. if you host offshore but dont live in the us. can the sentence be worse since i knew i was hosting offshore. knew the legalities of hosting a warez website and be fine several hundred/thousand for hosting warez?
    Hosting warez or Linking to warez? Are you generating profit from your potential illegal distribution? - In either case it doesn't matter where you host your site, if it's illegal and you leave a trace, they will come after you with the same severity if it were hosted in the U.S or in Hong Kong.

2. im aware of the civial court cases but again, i live outside the US. how would that work. its to my understanding that civil cases are us based.
    Depends on where you live. The U.S government has jurisdiction in many places. They also have alot of say so in what happens in regards to local authorities descending upon someone.

3. whats the minimum and maximum fine for hosting a warez site./jail sentence
    Depends on what they stick you with & what exactly you are doing. Typically its like selling drugs. They don't bust the drug dealer for every sale, but rather 1 or 2 or a few deals. Makes their case stronger and easier to prosecute. Fine can range from the amount of profit you generated during your online adventure too a different variation of a suitable fine. In high profile, public cases they will set the fine outrageously. This is to get a point across to the public that they aren't joking. Other smaller people behind the scenes however do not receive such fines.

Jail sentences vary, could get probation, suspension of internet for X amount of time, X amount of days, months, years in jail, X amount of days suspended, X amount of money.

So many different variations for different situations.

Website's:
    warezstop.com
    its only warez linking, hosted in NL, the only profit i generate is that from ads

Probation
    You're alright. If your site isn't generating substantial revenue on a daily basis you are fine. If you're site generates less than 8-10k unique/day you aren't even a blip on the map unless you are doing something other than linking. So no worries, keep the ball rolling.

Website's:
    warezstop.com
    lmao i make like $5/mo i have no traffic and dont know where to go to get traffic. back when warezhub was still alive revenue was good, 100usd/mo
    yay for traffic rank of 4.3m

if anyone knows wheres a good place to get traffic from and would like to share thatsd be great. looking for affiliates as well.

Website's:
    ibymegaupload.com
    www.ibymegaupload.com ;P for affiliates ;P, lemme know if interested , and for traffic go katz.cd ;P
    Inside of each man lives a muscle-bound ape who can lift mountains in the weight room, please a dozen women at a time, then sleep like a bear during its hibernation for 8 hours and be ready to do it all again the next day.

Website's:
    warezstop.com
    yea but isnt katz generated around rapidshare links? i only upload to ezyfile.net much better service and i know the owner so that helps to

Quote Originally Posted by MUS View Post
    www.ibymegaupload.com ;P for affiliates ;P, lemme know if interested , and for traffic go katz.cd ;P
    where would our link be placed and how visible is it?

Thread Information