Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62774 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How/where to get unlimited or a lot of A Host records?

I hope you know what I mean by A Host record. If you don't, I'm referring to the feature in your domain manager that lets you create a hostname pointing to your desired IP.

ie. levac111.mywebsite.com points to (123.456.789.123). So the user only needs to enter the hostname, IP is not needed anymore.

I'm with NameCheap and it seems there is a limit somewhere. I think the limit is about 50 of that. I'm not 100% sure but there is a limit. I'm not ask millions of that but, should be large number like 100-500. I don't know. I just want to know how dedicated hosts do it, like OVH. They must have like over 10000 of them.
    LEVAC109 Reviewed by LEVAC109 on . How/where to get unlimited or a lot of A Host records? I hope you know what I mean by A Host record. If you don't, I'm referring to the feature in your domain manager that lets you create a hostname pointing to your desired IP. ie. levac111.mywebsite.com points to (123.456.789.123). So the user only needs to enter the hostname, IP is not needed anymore. I'm with NameCheap and it seems there is a limit somewhere. I think the limit is about 50 of that. I'm not 100% sure but there is a limit. I'm not ask millions of that but, should be large Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Run your own DNS and you can make as many as you like.

Website's:
    Shinjiru.com Shinjiru.com.my
    The hosting companies have a dedicated DNS server which is responsible for handling DNS for their customers. Usually the limit is quite high as the DNS server is merely responsible for resolving the hostname to an IP address. Even if you run your own DNS server, there would eventually be a limit, lets say, a hundred thousand. Because more the number of queries per hour, more the load of the server, and at one point server won't be able to handle the load.
    Shinjiru Technology Inc.
    Offshore Web Hosting Provider Since Year 2000 | 100,000 satisfied customers
    Malaysia, Singapore, Holland, Russia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Romania
    Email: sales@shinjiru.com | Phone: +603-7987-1191

OVH may be using high end servers and load balancers to handle the requests.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I appreciate it. I guess it's best to run my own DNS server

Regards

im using dnsmadeeasy. you can add as many records as you wish

you just have to point your root domain to dnsmadeeasy's dns entries at your domain registrar than you can configre your a records on their interface

Thread Information