Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62846 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bytes.
    I don't think a download speed of 200 Kbytes / sec is very high.

How many minutes would it take to download a 200 MB file?

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    200Mb at 200Kbyte? Less than 17 minutes.

To be perfectly honest, I think that is very generous.

What about 512kbps (64KByte/s) Is this too slow?

30K is ridiculously slow in my opinion. Anything more than 190k is too fast. Perhaps 64 is too slow also.. maybe 128(1Mbit) is indeed the magic number?

Quote Originally Posted by FShoppe View Post
    200Mb at 200Kbyte? Less than 17 minutes.

To be perfectly honest, I think that is very generous.

What about 512kbps (64KByte/s) Is this too slow?

30K is ridiculously slow in my opinion. Anything more than 190k is too fast. Perhaps 64 is too slow also.. maybe 128(1Mbit) is indeed the magic number?
    I used to see a site where it allowed non-registered users to 128 KB/s, registered users to 256 KB/s and premium users to like 12.5 MB/s max. I think. I can't remember the premium users speed but 128 KB/s and 256 KB/s is sound good to me

I think 200 Kbps is OK

FShoppe

64 kbytes / sec is too slow it discourages people from using the server.

If 200 Kbytes is high,what do you think between 170~180 kbytes?

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Switching between Bytes/Bits seems to be confusing.

64KB/s = 0.5Mbit
    128KB/s = 1Mbit
    192KB/s = 1.5Mbit

I would rather work in those intervals to be perfectly honest.

I am currently leaning towards 1Mbit. 192KB/s seems a little TOO fast unless dealing with HUGE files.

A CD, being around 600MB, would be downloaded in around an hour at 1.5Mbit. AND, at 1.5Mbit, this is faster than encoding of most compressed video, and all compressed audio. Which means you would be able to download FASTER than you could watch/listen to it.

1Mbit on the other hand should mean audio downloads faster than real-time, while vieo, generally, would be slower, unless the bit rate were reduced. Reduced bit rate is good for online file hosts given it uses less disk space and less bandwidth!

Looking at compression these days, you can get some very impressive video quality at 1Mbit bit rate. So I think this is very reasonably.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I think the question is this:

If you started a free download, and it was going at over 100KB/s (say 128 was the limit), would you STOP Downloading, and think 'Screw it, its too slow!'?

Depends on the size of the file, if 1GB to 100KBytes/sec I cancel the download and try another server.

A good download speed for me is 150KBytes / s unless it's bad to download.

Another question, what is the waiting time to download another file?This is important as well.

Where are most people from this forum from? the US and most european countries have awesome internet connection download speeds for a nice price, and those are the "top" tier countries people want to target to make illegal money using file hosts that pay for pirated content downloads (sad truth).

I dont see how 128 KBytes is "too" fast at all, i find that pretty mediocre speeds from the point of view of a tier 1 country and possibly tier 2 user. I would say somebody would download from that file host if and only if the file were to be available only at that file host and nowhere else, which is not a usual scenario. 300 ~ 400 KBytes is borderline decent for free users, anything lower than that is just another low quality file host.

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Giving everyone is 400k+ is gonna cost a lot of money 200k to 300k is fine for downloading anything under 750mb

Banned
    Website's:
    CloudNXT.net
    It should be like 1 Mb/s or 8MBps
    but time between should be increased

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information