Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62283 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    morningpeaches.us

Default Need dedi with some extras

Looking for a host that offers something similar to Kimsufi 2G. (power and RAM wise).
    It will not be hosting a big site. Just a forum with no more than 10-20 users at a time (private forum)Need the host to be able to assist me with DNS config at the setup of the sever. I can do the rest.

I can offer around $28-$33 a month.

Some sort of control panel would be good, but maybe not a deal breaker. Perhaps install some sort of free CP for me would be nice.

If someone can offer this, how long would it take to get the server up and running?
    sillyman Reviewed by sillyman on . Need dedi with some extras Looking for a host that offers something similar to Kimsufi 2G. (power and RAM wise). It will not be hosting a big site. Just a forum with no more than 10-20 users at a time (private forum)Need the host to be able to assist me with DNS config at the setup of the sever. I can do the rest. I can offer around $28-$33 a month. Some sort of control panel would be good, but maybe not a deal breaker. Perhaps install some sort of free CP for me would be nice. If someone can offer this, how Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    You're looking for a managed VPS.

Website's:
    morningpeaches.us
    I prefer the freedom of a dedi. As with many, i dont want my sever to go offline because of someone elses site.

thanks anyway.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    Your vps wont go down if someone elses gets ddosed. Each VPS has its own dedicated IP. It would happen if someone DDoSed the whole node, but the same could be said for dedicated servers too.

Either way, VPS or Dedicated, what i meant to say is that you're looking for a managed system. Just trying to push the thread in the right direction is all

Website's:
    hosthatch.com
    I don't mean to derail the thread but if a VPS is being attacked, the whole dedicated server (VPS node) and even the switch if the attack is big enough will be affected.

The traffic passes Dedicated Server > VPS

If a VPS is being attacked, the traffic will need to pass through the dedicated server that VPS is hosted on, so the dedicated server will be affected, and so other VPS will also be affected as the dedicated server will be affected.

In a dedicated server's case, it 'can' be affected if there is an attack on another dedicated server, but the attack would need to be much bigger as it will need to affect the switch to affect other dedicated servers.

Website's:
    morningpeaches.us
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfella View Post
    Your vps wont go down if someone elses gets ddosed. Each VPS has its own dedicated IP. It would happen if someone DDoSed the whole node, but the same could be said for dedicated servers too.

Either way, VPS or Dedicated, what i meant to say is that you're looking for a managed system. Just trying to push the thread in the right direction is all
    You're right Jay. However, i still think a dedicated will be better. I'll have more space also with a dedicated (usually).

No longer need this service. I have found someone.

thanks for the responses everyone.

It begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by HH-Abdullah View Post
    I don't mean to derail the thread but if a VPS is being attacked, the whole dedicated server (VPS node) and even the switch if the attack is big enough will be affected.

The traffic passes Dedicated Server > VPS

If a VPS is being attacked, the traffic will need to pass through the dedicated server that VPS is hosted on, so the dedicated server will be affected, and so other VPS will also be affected as the dedicated server will be affected.

In a dedicated server's case, it 'can' be affected if there is an attack on another dedicated server, but the attack would need to be much bigger as it will need to affect the switch to affect other dedicated servers.

You're generalizing an attack. Not every DDoS attack is meant to cripple the hardware or the entire network. Some DDoS attacks have just the effect of disabling any and all means of being able to reach the attacked IP via the Internet. If you try reaching the said server/vps from a private network, you'll still be able to reach it just fine.

Essentially, assuming the attack's purpose is to disable access to the said IP address, the other VPSs and the host node are going to be just fine, assuming the attack is only holding the connections open and not utilizing bandwidth.

Each circumstance is different; you cannot generalize an attack because you cannot predict the nature of an attack unless it actually hits.

@Lifetalk, you may close this thread as op said "No longer need this service. I have found someone."

Thread Information