Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61110 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DDL Hosting

Ok, i have a UK host (in my home country) where im wanting to host my DDL website (Not torrents, etc just linking to other forums with the links) Just to clarify, will i be ok using a UK host, with my details to host a DDL website. Just making sure im staying within legal boundries of the UK.
    Daviid Reviewed by Daviid on . DDL Hosting Ok, i have a UK host (in my home country) where im wanting to host my DDL website (Not torrents, etc just linking to other forums with the links) Just to clarify, will i be ok using a UK host, with my details to host a DDL website. Just making sure im staying within legal boundries of the UK. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

It depends on the host.
    Technically that is "Warez Linking"
    So you have to read their terms.
    What is the host?

Website's:
    zomgbbqpizza.com evilddl.com scenemarket.org
    Im not 100% sure but i don't think its a good idea in UK, maybe you should think about a host in NL or similar.

Definately speak with your host before going ahead though.

Well actually im currently using a decent host called "FastHosts"
    Code: 
    http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/
    This host was for a rubbish website i set up a few year ago, but im wanting to use it for my ddl needs instead.

For extra clarification im going to contact my solicitor to make sure i can do this in the uk, and what boundries i shouldn't cross.

Website's:
    zomgbbqpizza.com evilddl.com scenemarket.org
    As long as the host agrees and you respond to DMCA notices etc it should be ok, but still im not 100% sure....

The saying "Never shit on your own doorstep." springs to mind.

Haha deviance, very true.
    But mate just to be safe, i suggest a real offshore host. netherlands, germany. etc

Haha ok, thanks for all the help everyone!

dont EVER host in your home country. would you steal a tv from someone in your neighborhood? for that same reason, its a bad idea. Go with a NL or RUS or even HK server if you got the cash for it.

im in NL and never had a problem.

dont go by what the host says, go by the laws of the country its in. people will sell you US servers and say its ok for warez. then when the time comes who gets fined or even locked up? the server salesman? nah, you.

listen to my advice and spend 8$ a month, or in your case 5-8euros/mo.

regards,
    dot

Thanks for that going to have a search for a cheap offshore host, or even a dedicated or VPS server. Can i ask, should i put false details in when registering the host and domain?
    Thanks In Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcom View Post
    dont EVER host in your home country. would you steal a tv from someone in your neighborhood? for that same reason, its a bad idea. Go with a NL or RUS or even HK server if you got the cash for it.

im in NL and never had a problem.

dont go by what the host says, go by the laws of the country its in. people will sell you US servers and say its ok for warez. then when the time comes who gets fined or even locked up? the server salesman? nah, you.

listen to my advice and spend 8$ a month, or in your case 5-8euros/mo.

regards,
    dot
    LOL ! so true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information