Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62889 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laws in Netherlands

I have seen a lot of vps in netherlands offering warez linking.
    I would like to know what are the laws in netherlands.

Is it legal to host warez linking there?
    How come and these hosting services offer warez linking?
    They say they ignore DMCA,but are you really safe if you host there?

Thank you
    kotoulitsa Reviewed by kotoulitsa on . Laws in Netherlands I have seen a lot of vps in netherlands offering warez linking. I would like to know what are the laws in netherlands. Is it legal to host warez linking there? How come and these hosting services offer warez linking? They say they ignore DMCA,but are you really safe if you host there? Thank you Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Warez linking is forbidden in the Netherlands, according to BREIN
    http://www.anti-piracy.nl/wat-mag-niet.php
    its really simple DMCA can be ignored since that only applies in the USA, BUT if a hosting company says this it normally means that they will not ban/remove your account when they receive a DMCA request, and if the request comes from BREIN, they will force you to take everything down.
    On the other site your pretty safe, many people don't realize that BREIN is just a private owned business and not a government institution, only thing they can do is threaten with law suits, and they are way to busy censoring the internet then going after small blog/site owners.

So warez linking is forbidden but only BREIN can act against it?
    Will i be exposed in such case,will i reamain anonymous or the server is forced to give away my ip?

if you get a DMCA, remove the post/text from your site.

privacy laws are really strict, they can only force with a court order, and no host will let it come to this, they will force you to find a other host.

what about hosting a torrent tracker in netherlands ?

i have seen that it is allowed in some hosting companies for dedicated servers.
    But the same as warez linking it should be against the law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kotoulitsa View Post
    So warez linking is forbidden but only BREIN can act against it?
    Will i be exposed in such case,will i reamain anonymous or the server is forced to give away my ip?
    It would be Brien or the original owner of the content you have published. In theory, if you annoyed the wrong person anybody could submit a duff DCMA complaint, all that would mean is they would never end up taking it any further.

But with the way all the web hosts roll over on here and suspend your account, I doubt very much you'd have trouble free hosting regardless where you host it.

Website's:
    evoluso.com
    You should be very careful when buying a server in Holland, if you will use warez on it, you should seek a provider that ignores DMCA, usually with large companies (Leaseweb. etc.) you have problems with this. Or use a reverse IP. XSLtel have this service

Quote Originally Posted by evoluso View Post
    You should be very careful when buying a server in Holland, if you will use warez on it, you should seek a provider that ignores DMCA, usually with large companies (Leaseweb. etc.) you have problems with this. Or use a reverse IP. XSLtel have this service

What advantage do i have by using reverse IP?

just get the hosting from DMCA ignored sites and continue your work

some dmca ignored countries(or atleast they need complicated procedures for dmca):

Sweden
    Russia
    Lithuania
    Romania

and always some guys(BREIN and all) will make you scare, but think, still warez in present in this earth (atleast during typing these comment) where they hosted there site....??

so get hosting from pro..still need example.....??
    get hosting from http://swedendedicated.com or from romania and feel it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information