Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61051 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Website's:
    bypassx.com
    Thanks for the sugestion Apathetic, i installed APC to start, now is not a peak hour but after install and configure APC (php.ini and w3 total cache) seems that cpu load is arround 0.80-0.90 , decent for two core cpu VPS.

Go to write here steps, because can help newbies like me.

Was easy to install APC using cPanel/WHM, steps for cPanel (v11.32.3):
    Software >> Module installers >> PHP Pecl >> Search "APC"
    Click install and wait until finishes. Then you need to edit php.ini (/usr/local/lib/php.ini) and add line:
    Code: 
    extension="apc.so"
    I added the line after text:
    Code: 
    ; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
    extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626"
    ;extension="eaccelerator.so"
    extension="apc.so"
    Check that into "extension_dir" exists file "apc.so".

Restart Apache.

After that the apc should be enabled, you can test with a phpinfo file (if APC appears on the config file it?s working):
    Code: 
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    You can do some finetuning of the APC config (adding lines to php.ini), but depends on your needs and VPS resources (my settings for a wordpress into a VPS with 1GB Ram):
    Code: 
    apc.shm_size=64M
    apc.ttl=7200
    apc.user_ttl=7200
    apc.max_file_size=2M
    I?m new using APC, perhaps i miss some settings, but is what i achieved into a fast APC documentation reading.

For sure after install APC cpu load decrease but RAM usage increase arround 80/100 MB in my VPS.

About install Varnish seems a hard task (not for newbies) install it on cPanel/WHM unless i use a payed cPanel/WHM plugin

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    host4offshore.com
    For varnish installation you can try this http://www.problogdesign.com/wordpre...for-wordpress/
    || Host4Offshore :: Reliable, Quality, Fast Offshore Hosting Solution (USA/Netherlands/Sweden/Russia/Romania)
    || Shared , Reseller Hosting Sales Thread
    || Rapidleech Hosting Sales Thread
    || Current Promotion

Can you give a guide to install in phpbb for centos 6.2 ? How much ram will consume it approximately ? thanks.

Website's:
    bypassx.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoothai View Post
    Can you give a guide to install in phpbb for centos 6.2 ? How much ram will consume it approximately ? thanks.
    If you are speaking about Varnish i have no idea. If you are speaking about APC, i install it using cPanel/WHM, so you will need to google about how to install APC on CentOS using SSH, there are lots of tutorials. After install edit the php.ini correctly and all should be ready.

And about the RAM that it uses, depends on your configuration and the RAM that you want to use for caching, but have 100MB-200MB for caching is enougth.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Adding more info... seems that APC affected very deep on my wordpress, after 12 hours my rank in google lowered a lot and visits lowered a lot, i?m not 100% sure if APC affected my site.

But i noticed some thibgs that at the moment i couldnt fix. APC fails when i build a new post, it appears and disappears and if i update sidebar widgets them appear and dissapear too.

Returned to old "Disk cache" on W3 Total cache and will check if my google ranking returns.

Mate upgrade RAM and create a 1gb tmpfs to use as MySQL tmp and Xcache tmp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information