Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63053 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Copyright for Anime

My vps is located in Netherlands and I receive a DMCA. I thought DMCA only applies to USA so why do they send it if the server is located in Netherlands? My site is an Anime streaming site

> On behalf of Sentai Filmworks and The Anime Network, I have prepared a list of our titles that are illegally streaming through the website ****.com, which is hosted by your company (https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/quer...#resultsAnchor). Because *****.com does not have a sufficient means of reaching them, I am forwarding this list to you. Thank You!
    >
    > Savannah Ober
    > Coordinator with the Legal and Licensing Department Enforcement Team, Anti-Piracy Division of Sentai Filmworks/The Anime Network
    > email: Savannah@theanimenetwork.com
    > Telephone: (713) 482-6009
    > 5750 Bintliff Dr., Ste. 216
    > Houston, TX 77036
    > United States
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > DCMA Complaint: TV Copyright Infringement
    > Date: 06 June 2012
    > TO: *****.com DCMA Department
    > ATTN: Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
    >
    >
    > I, Savannah Ober, Coordinator with the Legal and Licensing Department Enforcement Team, Anti-Piracy Division of Sentai Filmworks and The Anime Network, certify under penalty of perjury, that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights. I have a good faith belief that the items or materials listed below are not authorized by law for use by the above named domain name owner or their agents, and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights. I hereby request that you act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material or items claimed to be infringing.
    >
    > Please note that under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, in conjunction with established United States case law (Intellectual Reserve v. Utah Lighthouse Ministry, Universal City Studios, Inc. v. Reimerdes, and Comcast v. Hightech Electronics Inc.), linking to copyrighted episodes for download or streamed viewing is considered to be a form of contributory infringement. This includes, but is not limited to, making episodes available for download through third-party websites.
    >
    >
    > Allegedly infringing items or materials:
    Ruriko Reviewed by Ruriko on . Copyright for Anime My vps is located in Netherlands and I receive a DMCA. I thought DMCA only applies to USA so why do they send it if the server is located in Netherlands? My site is an Anime streaming site Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    bypassx.com
    If a company chose follow DMCA, they can be in Vatican that they will follow DMCA.
    The most simple movement is delete content of the DMCA notice and sleep well.
    You can try to move a to another hosting that ignore DMCA notices (anyway if the copyright infrigment is serious you will follow it yes or yes).

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    Just delete it. A lot of offshore companies are scared of USA so they will abide with DMCA so USA doesnt threat them with lawsuits.

Just delete it as flow said
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Thread Information