Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62705 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    You might want to use APC. It caches bytecode which hastens PHP execution.

Website's:
    redinit.com
    Quote Originally Posted by feronso View Post
    ClamAV is a antivirus for linux distributions, Its very easy to install and keep up to date. eAccelerator is a PHP cache module which boost your website browsing by saving already browsed pages where called PHP functions. it also help your VPS to reduce the memory.
    ClamAV isn't going to do any good in securing your server. ClamAV is not an antivirus for Linux, but rather for the mail server, all it does is scans emails for viruses server-side, so users download email won't get viruses, it doesn't protect the actually server.

You want to install RKHunter and/or CHKRootKit
    - RedIniT Unmetered VPS Hosting http://redinit.com || XEN Powered

3.   Sponsored Links

Hi Redinit, I didn't said it secure Server, but secure being infected. Its not only for Mail server. its for whole server files. ClamAV is an antivirus for both Linux/Windows. why you given wrong guidance to peoples if you don't know what you talk about ? Do you know the meaning of ClamAV ? it means, Clam Anti Virus. and Rkhunter or CHROOTKIT doesn't protect, its just provide you report's nothing else. Hope it make sense.

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    I don't find ClamAV useful it just eats up ur memory.

Website's:
    redinit.com
    Hi Redinit, I didn't said it secure Server, but secure being infected. Its not only for Mail server. its for whole server files. ClamAV is an antivirus for both Linux/Windows. why you given wrong guidance to peoples if you don't know what you talk about ? Do you know the meaning of ClamAV ? it means, Clam Anti Virus. and Rkhunter or CHROOTKIT doesn't protect, its just provide you report's nothing else. Hope it make sense.
    You have no clue what you are talking about, you obviously haven't used ClamAV in a production environment, nor have you dealt with production servers, so don't tell me I'm giving wrong advice when you are telling someone to use ClamAV when it's main design is email, yes it can search files on the server but it does a poor job. The only thing ClamAV is good for is scanning emails. It's not going to protect you from anything, just let you know if you have a virus.

RKHunter, CHKROOTkit makes a lot more sense for dealing with rootkits/viruses, it's much faster and uses a lot less resources. No, it will not protect you, the only thing that will protect you is locking down services.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic View Post
    I don't find ClamAV useful it just eats up ur memory.
    Exactly

Thank you feronso, Redinit and Apathetic for clarification. Can tou tell about Iptables, and CSF. Will this increase memmory usage ? Are these required application ?

Website's:
    redinit.com
    IPtables is inside the actual Linux kernel. CSF is software to interface and create ruls with IPTables.

This will not noticeably increase memory usage, and it is a very good piece of software to have installed. You must know what you are doing obviously.

Hi Redinit,

Please read on the official website. its not for emails only. its for whole servers. Depend on you, you choose it or Not.

I will aware you little bit more about what clamAV is.

ClamAV is an open source (GPL) antivirus engine designed for detecting Trojans, viruses, malware and other malicious threats. It is the de facto standard for mail gateway scanning. It provides a high performance mutli-threaded scanning daemon, command line utilities for on demand file scanning, and an intelligent tool for automatic signature updates. The core ClamAV library provides numerous file format detection mechanisms, file unpacking support, archive support, and multiple signature languages for detecting threats. The core ClamAV library is utilized in Immunet 3.0, powered by ClamAV, which is a fast, fully featured Desktop AV solution for Windows.

Website's:
    redinit.com
    Hi Redinit,

Please read on the official website. its not for emails only. its for whole servers. Depend on you, you choose it or Not.

I will aware you little bit more about what clamAV is.

ClamAV is an open source (GPL) antivirus engine designed for detecting Trojans, viruses, malware and other malicious threats. It is the de facto standard for mail gateway scanning. It provides a high performance mutli-threaded scanning daemon, command line utilities for on demand file scanning, and an intelligent tool for automatic signature updates. The core ClamAV library provides numerous file format detection mechanisms, file unpacking support, archive support, and multiple signature languages for detecting threats. The core ClamAV library is utilized in Immunet 3.0, powered by ClamAV, which is a fast, fully featured Desktop AV solution for Windows.

RE-read my post please. I said it's only good for scanning emails, and does a poor job at everythng else. I would not use ClamAV in a production environment for scanning rootkits

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information