Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62130 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    StoneArcade.com

Default Staff suggestion

I have seen a few threads here being closed by moderators, simply stating for the thread op to "read the rules" would it not be better for the moderator to link to or quote the rule(s) the op has broken? I think it would save on alot of chatbox drama over the closing of threads.
    iMage Reviewed by iMage on . Staff suggestion I have seen a few threads here being closed by moderators, simply stating for the thread op to "read the rules" would it not be better for the moderator to link to or quote the rule(s) the op has broken? I think it would save on alot of chatbox drama over the closing of threads. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    Its not that easy as it looks. Cant really go on mentioning rules in every thread which is closed. Mostly we do give reasons. If we dont give them then its quite "logical" one

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Website's:
    WebFaux.com
    I think that quoting the rules is a good idea, but also telling them to read the rules will make them read all of them to find which ones they have broken therefore they will know all the rules.

Website's:
    StoneArcade.com
    It may not be logical to the thread op though, and 9 times out of 10 the only replys i am seeing is to "read the rules". It just makes sense to me to copy/paste (quote) the rule that has been broken giving the thread op a chance to rectify it if necessary. I know some threads are closed because they are simply not allowed here at all though as well, but not hard to copy/paste the rule really. It would save on alot of drama when threads get closed for seemingly no reason (there is a reason, just no reason given when thread closed)

Respected Developer
    We actually discussed this in the staff section and most members of staff thought it was best that the OP read the rules and find the rule that they broke themselves. This way they are aware of the rule they broke and other rules which they may have not been aware of.

Either way, a simple link to the actual rules would help even more.
    This is the staff, you have been banned

Website's:
    mytinydick.com
    Why don't you guys make custom post templates?

Bad bitch in my chevy.

Doing things differently.
    Or maybe even a autobot reply saying its closed and a link to the rules etc.
    $project->uploading($surprise);
    //Fatal error: found object, can't execute, no earn = must kill self..

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    If I remember well, there is a link when a user signs up. And if not, it's easy to find.

And regarding the read the rules reply, were not babysitters.

JGM
    Quote Originally Posted by Djlatino View Post
    Why don't you guys make custom post templates?
    I suggested this months ago and nobody said anything about it

JGM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information