Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61588 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Post Facebook Monitors Your Chats for Criminal Activity

http://mashable.com/2012/07/12/facebook-scanning-chats/

Facebook and other social platforms are watching users? chats for criminal activity and notifying police if any suspicious behavior is detected, according to a report.

The screening process begins with scanning software that monitors chats for words or phrases that signal something might be amiss, such as an exchange of personal information or vulgar language.

The software pays more attention to chats between users who don?t already have a well-established connection on the site and whose profile data indicate something may be wrong, such as a wide age gap. The scanning program is also ?smart? ? it?s taught to keep an eye out for certain phrases found in the previously obtained chat records from criminals including sexual predators.

If the scanning software flags a suspicious chat exchange, it notifies Facebook security employees, who can then determine if police should be notified.
    Heath Reviewed by Heath on . Facebook Monitors Your Chats for Criminal Activity http://mashable.com/2012/07/12/facebook-scanning-chats/ Rating: 5
    SwitchLink #1 UK VPS Provider
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer
    For more info contact me at Heath@Switchlink.co.uk

2.   Sponsored Links

I only use Facebook for marketing. I`ve seen soo many people post all of their info on facebook for all to see. Shoot, i`ve even broken into people`s emails using the data from their facebook. Not to mention, god forbid, that you are ever in trouble with the law. They can just look up your facebook and get a neat alphabetical list of all your friends, all the places you like to visit, all the things you like, hobbies, etc... So much for privacy, really, who cares about the new cute cat you got or that your car looks shiny after you wash it. People are dying from hunger, get real.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?vIGdWsxHJlM[/ame]
    Link Building - Contact me for 20% discount
    Learn SEO - SEFlame.com

Website's:
    GardinerDesign.info
    Sounds fair enough to me, there not scanning any of my chats unless i talk about anything i shouldnt... which im not, so im not bothered.

If you were going to plan something illegal why the fuck would you do it on facebook?
    My previous username was kaed

kaed - some people are really stupid and like to tell people however they can about what they have, or will soon do. Stupid people do stupid things. The real point scary part is how do you 'monitor chats' to find whether or not some one IS planning, or doing some thing wrong? Do you watch chats? is there specific sets of keywords that trigger some one to watch? that IMO is the scary part....
    SwitchLink #1 UK VPS Provider
    Never Oversold. Gigabit Connectivity. 100GB+ Network, We own our own hardware, All Branded Servers, flexibility that Webhosting cannot offer
    For more info contact me at Heath@Switchlink.co.uk

Thread Information