Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62807 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default datacenter server logs

I am wondering how server logs being kept by law by datacenters look. I know logs on CentOS, there is IP address, time and what was requested. Do datacenter logs look the same? I always thought, that if I used SSL connection, there would be only IP address and time in the logs, but not what was requested. I tried it with CentOS VPS but there is still also what was requested. Does use of SSL prevent logging of what user requested in the datacenter logs? Or is there any other way to prevent being logged what was transferred, requested?
    Taulex Reviewed by Taulex on . datacenter server logs I am wondering how server logs being kept by law by datacenters look. I know logs on CentOS, there is IP address, time and what was requested. Do datacenter logs look the same? I always thought, that if I used SSL connection, there would be only IP address and time in the logs, but not what was requested. I tried it with CentOS VPS but there is still also what was requested. Does use of SSL prevent logging of what user requested in the datacenter logs? Or is there any other way to prevent being Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    I do not believe there is such a law for data server logs retention.

I have asked some of the servers I have been on to check their server logs and they always say 1-2 days. How true it is I can't verify. I would guess each host makes their use of logs like Google keeps them almost forever as data mined information in their databases.

Thread Information