Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62735 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Paypal Account Review- Phishing Problem.

Hello.

Hope is the right section to post this thread.

Well, I got an email with this subject : "Account under review" saying that my account should be verified again, otherwise will be suspended. The matter for this review came from the point that I used my paypal acc from different ip's (don't remember right if I did this)

K, let's do it', then I had completed everything on mandatory fields till I reach a point named "Bank Source Code". I was unaware, because my country don't have this option for the cards. To be sure, today I went to my bank office and asked about this code, they simply told me that they don't have such a code.

And now, I tried again to click on that adress which I received to complete the review, and surprise, "site suspected of phishing" from adress 203. 234. 31.181. I look again careful on mail and saw even that adress from where it was send was strange, it is clear that it wasn't from paypal support.

Anyway I wonder how do they pick me up, I was on the point to give essential informations.
    Laz21 Reviewed by Laz21 on . Paypal Account Review- Phishing Problem. Hello. Hope is the right section to post this thread. Well, I got an email with this subject : "Account under review" saying that my account should be verified again, otherwise will be suspended. The matter for this review came from the point that I used my paypal acc from different ip's (don't remember right if I did this) K, let's do it', then I had completed everything on mandatory fields till I reach a point named "Bank Source Code". I was unaware, because my country don't have Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Post title changed to correctly reflect post content.

It was scam. I received email like this once, said my account is limited. But I got into my account in pp, it's not limited. I asked support, they said they did not sent that mail, and never ask for information of your pp, like username, password, creditcard,....

Here is response from pp they replied me :

Fake emails, also known as phishing emails, attempt to collect your personal and financial information. These fake emails often link to fake websites that encourage you to enter personal information such as credit card numbers, passport or driver’s license numbers, and account passwords).
    You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like ‘Dear user’ or "Hello, PayPal member." We always address you by your first name and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
    • The email requests financial and other personal information. For example, an email from PayPal never asks for the numbers of your bank account, debit or credit card, or driver’s license. We also don’t request your email addresses, your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions.
    • The email includes an attachment, a software update to install on your computer, or a hyperlink.
    • We will never ask you for money in an email, and we will never ask you to send money through Western Union.

If you think you’ve received a fake email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

Thank you for the response

Before doing anything, check the email address of the sender, and check your paypal account if it is really limited or under review. There's a lot of phishing email saying such. Be careful.

Respected Member
    Just random spam. They do not even know if you (specifically) have a paypal account. It's just playing odds.

I forgot to said that I completed the first blank, with the name, adress, and account number of the card, I hope it won't happen anything..

Respected Member
    I'd email PayPal just in case. What card? Credit? Cancel it

yep, number of the credit card (visa electron), without SWIFT, BIC and IBAN

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

just sent and email to them, second I will change my paypal password and in an hour I go to my bank office to withdraw all the money that I have on the card.

sometimes I play on bet365 or bwin, and I know that when you make an account you just have to give: credit acc number, expiration date and that 3 letters from the back of the card, so mine from big stupidity are literally spreaded now, fuck!

Thread Information