Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62745 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Hosting Provider User Group

Good day to everyone in KWWH,

Intro: Are you tired of changing host every few months due to them closing, not being dedicated or losing interest? Why not set a group where companies that can provide verified proof, show it to staff members for your protection and your files.

Plan: Adding a user group to KWWH for Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers and other. There has been a trail of host appearing here in KWWH that are around for a few months and close and clients are left in the wind. By allowing certain companies to show proof of ownership of their companies submitted formally to ADMINS.

Why: Costumer protection. Everyone wants a reliable host to be able to host them. There are many cases where companies start by reselling products and don't get the results they were looking for and have to shut down. But who is affected the most? The costumer, by being able to provide proof of ownership of a company and its legitimacy should be something taken into very serious account. KWWHunction has changed since i joined in 2008. It is a clean and professional place for webmasters and that's the services that should be provided here.

Result: By doing this it will make it clear to costumers which host have more of a clear path ahead of them. Not saying at all that resellers wont get a new company anywhere and that they will all fail. But keep in mind, a company that is registered and owns equipment has a probable chance of offering services as they should be provided. Acting as a middle man, means a costumer submits a ticket to your site and you submit it to the site where you purchased the service than they contact the data center. As you can see there is a huge lay around to get an answer back to the costumer. Unlike a company that owns hardware for example has access to the data center or direct access via phone, email, IPMI and KVM.

What would be required to be in Hoster Group?:

This is totally up to staff, but am guessing it would in tale in some of the fallowing that a company would be able to provide.

1. Company Registration Number.
    2. Incorporation documentation.
    3. Bill to a data center.

This are some simple things that can be shown in private to ADMINS. Keep in mind, this is not about you its about the costumer. Safety for members here and every where else in web is the key to success in any organization.

This is what was in my mind. Please keep in mind, i by no means meant to offend anyone. This is a personal thought as a provider. Also this is something i would look into as a KWWHunction staff member given the amount of traffic coming from Google and other sources. Things that are conducted here are to a certain extent a reflecting image of this forum.
    Zero - HosterBin Reviewed by Zero - HosterBin on . Hosting Provider User Group Good day to everyone in KWWH, Intro: Are you tired of changing host every few months due to them closing, not being dedicated or losing interest? Why not set a group where companies that can provide verified proof, show it to staff members for your protection and your files. Plan: Adding a user group to KWWH for Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers and other. There has been a trail of host appearing here in KWWH that are around for a few months and close and clients are left in the wind. By Rating: 5
    ▄▀▄ HosterBin Inc.
    ▄▀▄ Webs Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ http://www.hosterbin.com support@hosterbin.com

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    joeschatterbox.co.uk
    It will never happen, due to the lack of commitment/interest of the current staff.
    Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    We used to have one fyi

Yes i have been here that long LOL

You'd be surprised about staff. I learned the hard way. They are involved i assure you of that. I addressed an issue and there were results. You just have to go about things the right way. Keep in mind that this is not about the seller. It is about the potential client.
    ▄▀▄ HosterBin Inc.

Yeah, the staff are involved. I impatiently await one of them to come in here and call your idea stupid, repeatedly.

Personal opinion: It's unfair to expect w(arez)Junction to promote sites they do not know. I honestly don't understand why they back filehosts, then turn around and ban them. There should be no acknowledgement of any service, regardless of how well they're "known." Reputation speaks, not a title on a forum.

*note: I'm not calling your idea stupid. I'm merely stating what I predict the staff will say.
    Coder for hire. I'm an experienced web developer with vast knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, JavaScript, SEO, and web servers. I also write code for Windows programs with Visual Basic and C#.NET.

All products are written quickly with efficiency, and security in mind.

w(arez)Junction -- You must be new but think you been around. It has been made clear over and over that its Webmaster Junction. Am sure any staff would agree. This is a bad idea why again? There was no real explanation. Besides your misled thought thinking this is w(arez)Junction....
    ▄▀▄ HosterBin Inc.

Yeah... I'm new...

You obviously don't look around much, do you? Filehosters, nulled scripts, leechers and auto posters for warez content. Sure, you can stick a legit label on it... believing it is LOLrific. Seedboxes for torrents, I'm sure they're used legally... odd that most aren't based in the U.S., yes?

Thanks for a big LOL.
    Coder for hire. I'm an experienced web developer with vast knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, JavaScript, SEO, and web servers. I also write code for Windows programs with Visual Basic and C#.NET.

I dont think you look around much either.

http://www.besthostingforums.com/11-...-websites.html

Take a close look at what is clearly stated.

eLight
    The issue is not with the file hosts themselves, rather the methods of hiring and offering these services for third party websites. Threads such as "I'll upload popular movies for $1 a day" just pushed us over the edge... We do not recommend copyright infringement as a tool of making income (or at all, for that matter). If you're a user on here at the point of offering/hiring uploader services and even paying for them on the premise of copyright infringement: get a job instead. You can still freely discuss file hosts, websites, etc. We value our members freedom of speech. This is a forum, after all.
    ▄▀▄ HosterBin Inc.

Oh, yes, I understand that. The way it's worded is for legal purposes. Look in the threads, my friend. Look how many people are admittedly uploading warez. Look at all the members who have "Sites" listed on their profile. A vast majority of all those sites are warez.

Hell, the tutorials are even aimed at warez. How to encode movies? I'm sure there's legitimate film makers on here. RapidLeech tutorials, that in itself screams warez. Torrents, warez.

Are there legitimate uses for all of these products and services? Yes. Fact is, most don't use them for legitimate websites. Warez is the backbone of this website -- things are just worded so that it doesn't appear so.

Banned
    Website's:
    budgetvds.com hilohost.com wdispatch.com
    There no point of having any usergroup including the respected members groups. Look at an example of BoxSlots LTD & Rapidspeeds both companies had company registered numbers in the UK both of them did what scammed there clients didn't give any updates leaving KWWHunction moderators an a huge mess. To me just cause a company is registered doesn't mean they'll be around for a longtime eventually they can easily go underneath make a dash with your cash in be gone within seconds if you don't believe me ask RapidSpeeds & BoxSlots owners wait you can't cause they're no were to be found.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information