Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62753 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ψ(`∇?)ψ

Default Rule change suggestion

If someone is making a sales thread about anything that needs a proof of ownership, and his topic got closed because he 'forgot' to post proof, and yet, he is not PMing mod about valid proofs (it is VERY LESS likely he forgot about it), I find it obvious, that user tried to pull a scam, so, if it goes, it goes, and if it doesn't worse that can happen, would be a closed topic.

How about making that rule more strict?
    cvrle77 Reviewed by cvrle77 on . Rule change suggestion If someone is making a sales thread about anything that needs a proof of ownership, and his topic got closed because he 'forgot' to post proof, and yet, he is not PMing mod about valid proofs (it is VERY LESS likely he forgot about it), I find it obvious, that user tried to pull a scam, so, if it goes, it goes, and if it doesn't worse that can happen, would be a closed topic. How about making that rule more strict? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I have seen this happen a few times actually, I agree this is one rule which should be better enforced.

Respected Developer
    I see your point cvrle77 but some members actually do forget to PM members of staff. We've had it a few times. As we're introducing a new skin soon, we'll add a notice when users create a thread in the marketplace which specifically states that proof is mandatory when selling a domain or skin etc. If they ignore it, we will not close their thread only but infract them too and in extreme circumstances restrict them from selling (if they do it X amount of times). Thinking back to the scams that took place on KWWHunction, I don't remember any relating to a marketplace thread that had no proof.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    What about a template to follow?

the thread will not be able to be created unless everything filled in?

then it has to be approved by a mod or admin?

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Hmmmm....threads approved by mods in marketplace..Less infractions, less possibility of any sort of fraud, less reports, less time spent chasing, checking, returning, all filled up nicely, and uniformed. iLike

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Are you suggesting a user be disciplined for not providing proofs when requested by a mod?

Or that they be disciplined for attempted scam?

I am not really clear with this can you expand it a little or give an example?

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    If user doesn't provide proof, after being warned by staff, after, for ex. 24-72h, to me, it is obvious, that someone tried to attempt a scam, since he cannot provide proof.

In this example, user haven't provided proof of ownership, after being asked by mods, for 4 days (how much time it takes?):

http://www.besthostingforums.com/128...t-domains.html

So, your answer is, one leads to another, if there's no proof, it's obvious attempt to scam.

More:

2 days passed: http://www.besthostingforums.com/113...ating-com.html

etc, I could probably dig up more.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    What about a template to follow?

the thread will not be able to be created unless everything filled in?

then it has to be approved by a mod or admin?
    Manual approval of every new thread in the marketplace is simply not going to happen.

Keep in mind the section is very popular!

Actually this goes two ways, I wanted to sell something, I forgot to add proof and then my thread is closed and I think that I no longer wish to sell the item and I simply don't PM a mod. This way, according to what you suggest, I would get infracted.

It would just be an hassle for the staff arguing with those members. Those who wish to scam would always have a way.

Super busy. I have to forward this email to 20 people in 5 minutes or else a ghost will visit me tonight and my room is a mess

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    A person not able to provide proof could also use that excuse Qoo. If you change your mind after being asked to provide proof you omitted I think that is damaging to your reputation no matter what. If you have doubts about wanting to sell something do not list it.

Just like bidding on an auction, once you bid you can not retract the bid in most all cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information