Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6982 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Lightbulb Newbie question: best filehost for personal blogs?

I would like to start a personal blog, and I plan to share a few of my favourite movies too, maybe some music albums. Occasionally I will spread my links in forums too. Well I think I can't expect too much visitors and downloads... I need a filehost for this purpose:

- Long file expiration time, I think at least 3 month without a download, the more the better, due to less visitors and few potential downloads, I want my files alive as long as possible.
    - It must be a reliable filehost, which doesn't disappear from one day to another, I don't want to edit my links every week.
    - It supports at least 2 GB filesize for uploading, because I don't like to split the movies (the more the better)
    - Remote upload available, because I have uploaded a few of my files earlier.
    - Free users must be able to download my files up to 2 GB (or more)
    - Of course I want to earn some money too, I don't care about it, I don't expect the highest rates, if I earn 5-10$ a month I would be very happy
    - I think PPD should be available, because I have no clue if my visitors want to buy a premium account through clicking my links.
    - It would be good to get not too much files deleted due to DMCA
    - Maybe I could paste a clickable affiliate advertisement on my blog to earn more money. I don't know which one would be good, I never did this before...

By the way, do somebody know a comparison table for filehosters? At first I thought of bitshare.com because they store files 180 days, but it turned out soon that files larger than 1 GB are only available for premium users. What a pity... Then I thought of turbobit but it deletes inactive files after a short period of 60 days. Then I decided to use uploaded.com they store files for 4 month, but they don't have an affiliate program to earn money Same thing with 1fichier.com. Now I am thinking of depositfiles, filefactory or maybe hotfile, all of them 90 days expiration time as far as I know.

So which filehosts would you recommend for me? And which clickable affiliate advertisement? I think of blogspot.com as a blog provider, but I am not sure and maybe I will need a software that makes blogging easier and faster without the need of working online in a browser.
    budokan Reviewed by budokan on . Newbie question: best filehost for personal blogs? I would like to start a personal blog, and I plan to share a few of my favourite movies too, maybe some music albums. Occasionally I will spread my links in forums too. Well I think I can't expect too much visitors and downloads... I need a filehost for this purpose: - Long file expiration time, I think at least 3 month without a download, the more the better, due to less visitors and few potential downloads, I want my files alive as long as possible. - It must be a reliable filehost, which Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Downgrade your requirement. It's too hard to find a filehost enabling a free user to download a file larger than 1GB. Nowadays, 1GB or 1000MB are almost impossible, although the earning in the range 400MB ~ 1024MB is identical. I don't know the reason, but it's their policy.

As for the storage time, I suggest you buy a premium to keep your files. However, some filehosts don't give more storage time to premium's inactive files. Be careful.

What about slingfile.com? They store files for 180 days, but I don't find any affilate links or reward programs on their page.
    These requirements I enlisted are fulfilled by depositfiles, hotfile, and filefactory, but I am sure there are more filehosts I don't know and they also fulfill them even with better features.

SlingFile doesn't have an affiliate program now. If you don't care the earning, you can use it as one of your mirror sites. Hotfile deletes your acccount if you get 1 DMCA. DepositFiles deletes your account if you upload USA copyrighted materials (I'm not sure, but it's widely mentioned by people in DF's thread); the storage time of DepositFiles's free & premium members are the same. Maybe FileFactory is the only one you can choose, but they limit download slots on each server for free user; they don't like large files, so the reward for files larger than 300MB is lesser than 200-300MB ones. I don't know how FileFactory deals with DMCA. You have to find it in FileFactory's thread yourself: http://www.besthostingforums.com/102...tory-here.html

Download speed from Slingfile is horrible.

I wore on my site but i changed to brontofile.com and uptobox.com

using Slingfile is not a good idea, it is one of the worst host.

what about czshare.com and fastshare.cz?

I have found a good comparison table: http://www.filehostwatch.com

filefactory allow max 500 MB files for free users, they also stopped PPD

depositfiles would be good, the only problem DF dont like hollywood movies, if you upload such stuff, sooner or later you got banned.

in fact it can be a PPS file sharing site too, I don't care

Thread Information