Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63192 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Copying other forum topics to your own site legal?

I want to start a collection of reviews website. I belong to 3 forums where members post reviews. Is it legal to copy their posts to my site? can the owner of the forum issue me with a DMCA or a lawsuit?
    The90sKid Reviewed by The90sKid on . Copying other forum topics to your own site legal? I want to start a collection of reviews website. I belong to 3 forums where members post reviews. Is it legal to copy their posts to my site? can the owner of the forum issue me with a DMCA or a lawsuit? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

You would have to give them credit for the topic / post.. You can not just take something and not say where you got it from..
    For example if a site has a good review about hostgator and you copy it you'll have to add on the bottom of the thread / review and say that you give thanks to (person name) from (site) for writing the review and thats called giving them credit.

I'm pretty sure plagiarism is violating copyright, but I have seen many site copy and paste without giving credits. I guess, you'd have to rely on your luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaHoW View Post
    haha lol, you don't even how to type Ubuntu lol. And you want to seel and configure a vps server.
    ^FAIL - The above is called a failure. | Play with fire, get burned with fire. | The Golden Rule.

Thread Information