Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6929 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default looking to backup some warez on hostgator

i've got some movies i'd like to backup to hostgator. not for distribution purposes, but for personal backup purposes. if i .rar them with just numeric titles, password protect, and encrypt files names, would they be able to detect the files for what they actually are?

thanks in advance.

www.google.com
    chris hoppus Reviewed by chris hoppus on . looking to backup some warez on hostgator i've got some movies i'd like to backup to hostgator. not for distribution purposes, but for personal backup purposes. if i .rar them with just numeric titles, password protect, and encrypt files names, would they be able to detect the files for what they actually are? thanks in advance. www.google.com Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Hostgator will ban you in less than 6hrs if you do this

that's because. mainly because i already have like 3 movies backed up to hostgator with password, filename encryption, etc. for like a month now. and i've yet to be banned. don't post in this thread if you don't know what you're talking about.

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    I do if you post more they will find out warez sites with Hostgator get shut down fast & Hostgator is in the US worst country to host warez

get out of my thread retard.

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Upload 500gb of movies to your account and see what happens they will turn you over to Hollywood watch

It begins...
    as much as hostgator appears to offer unlimited everything (or even limited) they constantly monitor/screen their accounts. Their accounts have tiny limits and you will almost never be able to use the resources allocated to you. Their regular screening will get you caught once you have a sizable amount of files stored there. A movie or two doesn't matter. But when it starts accumulating, that's when your account gets subjected to audit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetalk View Post
    as much as hostgator appears to offer unlimited everything (or even limited) they constantly monitor/screen their accounts. Their accounts have tiny limits and you will almost never be able to use the resources allocated to you. Their regular screening will get you caught once you have a sizable amount of files stored there. A movie or two doesn't matter. But when it starts accumulating, that's when your account gets subjected to audit.
    What exactly are they going to audit? He said he was going to change the title and encrypt whats inside, so if he doesn't share the files with anyone theres no possible way for them to know that they are illegal files.

It begins...
    You're talking about hostgator. They don't need to know the filenames to know it's illegal. They get a shred of doubt that the material uploaded is uniform in size, they're going to send him a bogus notice about his account using 'excessive cpu' or 'excessive inodes' or 'straining the host node' and to trim down the size of the files hosted. Something, or the other. It will happen. Hostgator is the last place to store warez on.

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Hosting warez on Hostgator is not a good idea. Though you may very well be able to get away with storing a great deal of content on their servers, if you raise the alarm bells for any reason, I wouldn't count on your files being safe.

3 things you should remember.

1. It's illegal! So you shouldn't do it any way.
    (But if you're going to do it any way:-)

2. If they determine you are hosting copyright material, regardless of whether or not it is being distributed, not only will you lose your files, you may very well find them reporting you to the authorities.

3. Even if they cannot tell the files are copyright due to your encryption and obscure file naming, Hostgator state you cannot use the service for STORAGE, and the files must be used for website purposes. So even if it is all 100% legal, you may find they don't want you hogging up all their disk space and if they find files are being stored and not served, may be all the reason they need to kick you.

If you still feel compelled to try you luck and do it any way, go for their business plan at $15 (or something) a month. Pick the cheapest one and you'll probably be found more quickly. At least as a 'higher' payer, they may be more willing to accept your massive disk usage. Watch out for the INODE limit too.They may offer unlimited disk space, but the INODE limit keeps it in check. That being said, you could easily run your disk usage into the hundreds of GBs, if not a couple of TBs before you run out of these 'INODES'.

That being said, probably best not bother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information