Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6893 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Respected Member

Default Need some help with a Offline Database Application Creation [Oracle App]

hey folks, my friend is going to create a project in Oracle. Let me explain you what the project is about:

It is going to be an offline application, which has all the information of Books/CD's available in our Local Library. i.e, each and every bit of information that is in hard copy, will be transferred to this catalog as a soft copy. It will be created using Oracle.

My friend has a small doubt regarding this, He will have Oracle as back-end and thinking of Netbeans or VB as Front-End. He also thought of Java, but the interface isn't satisfying. The front-end will have a page with the following options :
    *Student ID
    *Name
    and it will be redirected to the catalog, with the list of stuffs available and so on.

SO, which will be better for connecting this Oracle with ?
    Netbeans or Visual Basic ?
    If Netbeans, why is it better, also how can it be done ?
    If VB, why and how ?

Let me know if you wanna know more.

Regards

EDIT: its an application for Windows
    Froomple Reviewed by Froomple on . Need some help with a Offline Database Application Creation [Oracle App] hey folks, my friend is going to create a project in Oracle. Let me explain you what the project is about: It is going to be an offline application, which has all the information of Books/CD's available in our Local Library. i.e, each and every bit of information that is in hard copy, will be transferred to this catalog as a soft copy. It will be created using Oracle. My friend has a small doubt regarding this, He will have Oracle as back-end and thinking of Netbeans or VB as Front-End. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

You can call me G
    Wait! Stop right there!

Netbeans: Is an IDE i.e. a development environment that helps you program stuff easily
    VB or Visual Basic: is the programming language. Surely, NOT the best programming language.

To answer your question: It's the programming language which connects to the Database. But I'd strongly oppose the use of VB. C# perhaps might be a better choice but I leave that to others since I don't play around with Windows development.

Regards,
    Gaurav

My Langotiya Yaars (Chaddi buddies): JmZ, humour, Chutad, Esotorisk, l0calhost, Daniel, Mind Freak?, TLK, Amz

Respected Member
    Thanks for your reply Gaurav, what i meant is, to create a front-end USING NetBeans or VB, not the app itself
    So what do you think will help him with a good GUI? Would C# Provide a nice GUI ?

Regards

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

EDIT: What do you think of Java ?
    Isn't it easy when compared with C# ? it'd save a bunch of codes right ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thread Information