Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6874 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    As I said. There is no connection between the paypal account that was limited and FileShoppe. FileShoppe (we) does not own Carrot. We just use them since their service suits our needs. The paypal account limited has no connection to Carrot/FileShoppe. So though I do not doubt what you say here, I have no idea how the connection was made.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    LT is right. By their logic, they could/should terminate OVH, Leaseweb, or any other host or even ISP provider. Probably Comcast, Virgin Media too... :/ fucking lunatics.

3.   Sponsored Links

It begins...
    Well carrot HAS been terminated too, just saying, so you're going to need to look around for something different now. I'm just curious to know how Carrot's going to respond to this termination.

The only really logical way now is to NOT rely on third party payment processors. Getting your own merchant account with acquiring banks and clearly explaining your business to them is the way forward. They have actual departments that deal with a lot of E-Commerce, and unlike the monkeys at Paypal, they don't exercise judgement on the whims of an angry pervert with a vendetta.

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Is anyone else seeing errors on paypal now? I'm trying to withdraw money from the Business account of which I am not named. But I am getting all kinds of cookie based errors. Anyone else seeing this?

Update:

Having now spoken to Paypal, they have indeed limited the account due to file shareing. Interesting as the account is in NO WAY related to file sharing. In fact, none of the Paypal accounts I have access to are in any way related to file sharing WHAT SO EVER.

I have informed them of this fact and they will review the case.

With any luck, they will simply ask for information about my transactions and supporting evidence (which I can provide) and they will let me go about my business.

This is quite scary actually, as it seems, LifeTalk, that you are right.

What is also worrying is that if someone was engaging in illegal/immoral activity (which I do not!), even if they are not using Paypal in any shape or form with regards to said activity, that seems reason enough to prevent your lawful activity from continuing.

So the logic would be. If you suspect a man to be a thief, you contact his employer and tell them he has been stealing so they would be fired... Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetalk View Post
    Well carrot HAS been terminated too, just saying, so you're going to need to look around for something different now. I'm just curious to know how Carrot's going to respond to this termination.

The only really logical way now is to NOT rely on third party payment processors. Getting your own merchant account with acquiring banks and clearly explaining your business to them is the way forward. They have actual departments that deal with a lot of E-Commerce, and unlike the monkeys at Paypal, they don't exercise judgement on the whims of an angry pervert with a vendetta.
    Lt, it's all good and well to not rely on third parties for credit card processing, but the major gain and reasons most businesses use PayPal is not actually for that reason alone, rather that a huge amount of potential clients are already using PayPals internal p2p transfer system. That would make up a very very large portion of clients.

It begins...
    Correct. Except, if your service is something people absolutely WANT access to, then they WILL use their credit cards to make the purchase in the absence of Paypal support.

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Correct. Except, if your service is something people absolutely WANT access to, then they WILL use their credit cards to make the purchase in the absence of Paypal support.
    Well good news. Paypal reviewed the account and found that it did not violate ANY of their policies/terms and have reinstated access, WITH an apology. Always nice to hear an apology, but I'm still anti-paypal so to speak.

LifeTalk, you may be interested to know that Carrot have been trying to get a merchant account for some time now and are apparently close to getting approved from a local bank in Hong Kong. Better still, fees are lower than Paypal, so with any luck, in October there will be 'Credit Card Pass Through' instead with reduced top-up/pass-through fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetalk View Post
    Sure, IF they have one. Hence it depends on the service you offer too I guess.

We're both correct.

Oh and FShoppe, good on you man!

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    Thanks Long. It feels pretty good to be honest

As for having a credit card. Who doesn't? If not credit, debit? If you don't have a credit/debit card, chances are you're not really the kind of customers on-line merchants want.

The thing about credit card is that its troublesome. So much information to enter. And then there's the whole issue of security and fraud. Nightmare sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by FShoppe View Post
    Thanks Long. It feels pretty good to be honest

As for having a credit card. Who doesn't? If not credit, debit? If you don't have a credit/debit card, chances are you're not really the kind of customers on-line merchants want.

The thing about credit card is that its troublesome. So much information to enter. And then there's the whole issue of security and fraud. Nightmare sometimes.
    If you look at the numbers you'd be quite surprised. Anyways, my point was that the bulk of money running through the PP system is p2p one or two click transactions. Which without that will lose any company a fair chunk of cash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information